Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

41 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I reckon The Chase is a complete fix. How come the contestant answers, then they show the correct answer and only after that does the Chaser's answer become known ?

Feckin' swizz........

I'd like to know what motivates the Chaser to deny people out of thousands of pounds. I reckon they're on a percentage bonus of what the players would've won. 

I was watching an episode the other day where it was the Chaser against a team of two guys at the end. The team got a push back as The Beast had been asked a question about a member of The Goons to which he incorrectly answered Harry Secombe. You could hear the two of them discussing their answer and you could clearly hear them say, "Spike Milligan". When Bradley asked for their answer the guy responded, "Harry Secombe". Fucking genius. Unsurprisingly The Beast caught them with about 25 minutes left on the clock. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I'd like to know what motivates the Chaser to deny people out of thousands of pounds. I reckon they're on a percentage bonus of what the players would've won. 

I was watching an episode the other day where it was the Chaser against a team of two guys at the end. The team got a push back as The Beast had been asked a question about a member of The Goons to which he incorrectly answered Harry Secombe. You could hear the two of them discussing their answer and you could clearly hear them say, "Spike Milligan". When Bradley asked for their answer the guy responded, "Harry Secombe". Fucking genius. Unsurprisingly The Beast caught them with about 25 minutes left on the clock. 

I could probably catch them if I had that amount of time...

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
22 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Same as the da’s hankering over thon Judith Ralston imo

As a da myself, I've never quite understood this. She's a couple of years away from being pretty over chunky in my opinion.

She’s a change of wig away from being Dame Edna Everage

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
22 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Same as the da’s hankering over thon Judith Ralston imo

As a da myself, I've never quite understood this. She's a couple of years away from being pretty over chunky in my opinion.

I have never heard of her before so just did a quick Google.
Not impressed though she did remind me of someone.

download.jpeg

31a5438dc1ab851a6a3a7ad2e29c5bbd.jpg

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Same with Eggheads. I can just picture that Kevin going home and telling his wife, "Really great day today. The contestants were on the verge of winning £25,000 when we pretended we didn't know Captain Haddock's first name in the Tintin books. Then just as they were getting really excited we gave the right answer. You should have seen their faces!"

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

These lyrics in the Arctic Monkeys' song 'When the Sun Goes Down' have annoyed me for tears any time I've heard it:

Can see it in his eyes, yeah
That he's got a driving ban
Amongst some other offences

Ridiculous.

I quite like those lyrics.