Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

To be honest, if it's a single-dish takeaway then I see no issue with a host plating it up.  That said, if it's a multi-dish takeaway then they should be left in  their containers and people can help themselves.  

23 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Throbber's dinner tonight. Expecting another meltdown because the bean juice is soggying his dinosaurs.

Mrs Throbber will probably put a bib on him then change his nappy afterwards. Fucking bairn.Bv9_MErIYAAcyUS.jpeg

Throbber, bottom left.

mccain-emojis-brazil-809.jpg

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I order from 108 Chinese which has been the only good one I have had from the area. Used to order from Hung Fung on ferry road which was the best one I’ve had in Edinburgh.

You are clearly correct here, a big mix of all dishes and sides on one plate is a disgrace.

I’ve yet to find an acceptable Chinese in Edinburgh, and have all but given up looking tbh.

I’m completely with Throbber here. The last two Christmas Eves we have went to my girlfriend’s aunt for dinner, tradition really. Get asked what we want from the Chinese, typically I go for chow mein or chicken fried rice.

We are then expected to share our meals, taking a small portion of what we specifically ordered, and then take small bits from other people’s dishes. Absolute madness when you get some folk ordering a mushroom goo yung that I would obviously not touch because it is barking. Does my head in.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

I’m completely with Throbber here. The last two Christmas Eves we have went to my girlfriend’s aunt for dinner, tradition really. Get asked what we want from the Chinese, typically I go for chow mein or chicken fried rice.

We are then expected to share our meals, taking a small portion of what we specifically ordered, and then take small bits from other people’s dishes. Absolute madness when you get some folk ordering a mushroom goo yung that I would obviously not touch because it is barking. Does my head in.

I barely know my relatives never mind hers. Avoid food related in law situations by not going.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Never knew your gf was related to Mullarkey

2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Throbber's dinner tonight. Expecting another meltdown because the bean juice is soggying his dinosaurs.

Mrs Throbber will probably put a bib on him then change his nappy afterwards. Fucking bairn.Bv9_MErIYAAcyUS.jpeg

Smileys look under done.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Why would anyone want bean juice over their turkey dinosaur? It would just make them soggy.

I confronted my gf there and she told me she doesn’t want to go out with a child anymore and that her mum was just trying to be nice.

Sabotage confirmed.

Anyone that sits on their arse whilst a Chinese is being divvied up in the next room is a lazy idle twat, regardless of who’s house It’s in. I’m all over it to make sure I get what I ordered and to make sure no one dips into it 

4 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Anyone that sits on their arse whilst a Chinese is being divvied up in the next room is a lazy idle twat, regardless of who’s house It’s in. I’m all over it to make sure I get what I ordered and to make sure no one dips into it 

Is the correct answer. If you care that much then make sure and do it yourself. Especially if you'll be "devastated" by your food touching

Throbber reminds me of a certain popular comic character

Spoiler

sp.png.f27a24c10ffa89a8a1827276bb001ad3.png

"Blinkin' flip woman, the sauce is spilling into the other sauce on the plate. Throw it away and get me another takeaway, you old witch"

18 hours ago, throbber said:

Staying at the mother in laws which is always annoying as f**k even at best of times but today we decided to order a set Chinese meal for 4. It arrived and the MiL took it into the kitchen, I had been waiting for the inevitable call to the kitchen for us all to plate up but to my horror her and her partner walked in the room with my dinner that they had plated up for me without even asking me. I am quite fussy with what I want on my plate, I don’t like my plate to be full and I certainly don’t like curry sauces all over my rice and chips. I am truly devastated that they did this - surely this sort of thing is not normal?

You would be better off keeping yourself to yourself 

Fair cop gov. My Comment is in jest however. I'm actually surprised no one had accused you of making it up yet. I'm sure VT will be along soon. Let's get a game of VT bingo. 
Utter fantasist 
Walter mitty
Thanks for playing 
Unlucky champ
A pic of ainsley harriot
A pic of Jose mourihno. 
£3.00 a line, £12 for a full house. 
Nigh on a day,and nobody going for "hot take"?

'Sakes, lads.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Everyone ordering something then everyone "sharing" is absolute madness, eat what you order weirdos.

Chinese is for sharing. People that think their choice is their "own" meal generally have few social skills and poor personal hygeine. Always the same ones who come out with "mine was £5.95 and i put in £6"

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

But I had no previous concerns of food not being divied up properly, we have a take away every time we are together and it’s never happened before. Every time I have ever had a takeaway with guests I have opened the food containers and got some cutlery and plates out and told everyone to dig in, I have never ever seen antics like last night before and have no idea why it happened.

Then it was deliberate and totally uncalled for, they need called out on this, a family meeting, telts dished out and If it means an early exit from their home so be it. You’re too trustworthy, that’s your problem