Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On my home and I passed a house that was getting the full Christmas treatment, icicle lights hanging from the roof and two two Christmas tree shaped light monstrosities in the front garden. And it looks like there will be more shite added.

I shall be coming home a different way for a while.

Booked a two night stay up north soon direct with the website, and the same deal has now appeared on itison for £100 less. Would be a pain in the arse to cancel then try to rebook, but that’s quite a bit off.
A significant bump for the food and wine budget though....

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
51 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Booked a two night stay up north soon direct with the website, and the same deal has now appeared on itison for £100 less. Would be a pain in the arse to cancel then try to rebook, but that’s quite a bit off.

A significant bump for the food and wine budget though....

I feel a bit awkward with it tbh. I would rather take the itison deal and save myself £100, but don’t know how they’ll react to me phoning up to cancel, and then in the same conversation asking to rebook but on a cheaper deal.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I feel a bit awkward with it tbh. I would rather take the itison deal and save myself £100, but don’t know how they’ll react to me phoning up to cancel, and then in the same conversation asking to rebook but on a cheaper deal.

Cancel and then rebook. They'll be absolutely fine with it. 

43 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Can't you get someone else to book it, thus avoiding an embarrassing conversation?

46 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Phone and rebook and save yourself a tonne, alternatively be a shitebag and spend a tonne more than you need to. 

15 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Phone them and ask them If they’ll honour same deal, itson prob take a percentage so they’ll save a bit as will you.

RH33 has it. They’re unlikely to have any problem matching the promotional deal. Just have the info in front of you when you call. 

Sage advice as usual. Unfortunately I actually want to use the itison deal as someone gave me a £100 voucher that I’ve been trying to use for ages. I’ll probably book the new deal with the itison voucher then cancel the old booking. 

Edited by Honest_Man#1

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

The bloke behind me at Waitrose this evening lowered his facemask, sneezed into the back of his hand then raised his mask.

If I get Bad Covid it's that p***k's fault.

Shopping at Waitrose you won't get something as common as Bad Covid, you'll get Lhasa Fever or the Plague

23 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Shopping at Waitrose you won't get something as common as Bad Covid, you'll get Lhasa Fever or the Plague

That would be fine.  My big worry was leaving the shop with lactose intolerance and an Ecover habit.

Edited by The_Kincardine

11 hours ago, Kmeister said:

On my home and I passed a house that was getting the full Christmas treatment, icicle lights hanging from the roof and two two Christmas tree shaped light monstrosities in the front garden. And it looks like there will be more shite added.

I shall be coming home a different way for a while.

This has given me an idea for developing an app where you can order exocet missile strikes on the address of your choice. Obviously you would require a valid reason for wanting the house destroyed, but this would easily fall within the acceptable reasons. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Drove past the pub Platform 8 in Inverness last night and they've got the Christmas tree up and decorations.  Utter gimps.

"We're having a party, because we can sell pints. Get it right up ye Central Belt cuntos"

17 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So word has got round that you have booked, and the place has to knock off a hundred quid to attract other people.

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

This has given me an idea for developing an app where you can order exocet missile strikes on the address of your choice. Obviously you would require a valid reason for wanting the house destroyed, but this would easily fall within the acceptable reasons. 

If you need assistance coming up with a definition of "valid reason", say, for marketing purposes, give me a shout. I'll be happy to help.