Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Booked a table to watch the football

This is my view 

Now I know how away fans feel visiting Parkhead

FF914942-4DED-4543-80D1-0580113314DC.jpeg

Semi interesting night 

Some guy was standing directly in front of the TV, a few people complained, he pulled out a warrant cart as he was a police officer, he ended up getting chucked out the pub 

On 09/12/2022 at 01:05, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

These 'Kerry wheechit' folks were cunning in staircase construction.

My ancestors: The curious case of the left-handed Kerrs – The Lance (lhslance.org)

Ferniehirst used to be open to the public and I went on a guided tour years ago.

The owner is the Marquis of Lothian otherwise known as Michael Ancram whom older readers will remember as one of the Scottish Tory MPs in the 1980s. He met us and was a nice enough chap (IIRC Ancram was fairly centrist for a Tory). Anyway because he'd been NI Secretary he was given a state bodyguard - a nice but tough looking army type on the gates who waved at us.

7 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Semi interesting night 

Some guy was standing directly in front of the TV, a few people complained, he pulled out a warrant cart as he was a police officer, he ended up getting chucked out the pub 

Was he a mountie?

World Cup 2022: TikTok brings football fever to millions of fans - BBC News

But, just like the football, not everything goes to plan on TikTok either.

"There was a point [in the group stage] where Japan and Costa Rica were going to knock Spain and Germany out. I was getting ready to film a TikTok and was so excited - and then Spain went through," Alice says.

Junior adds: "I think all content creators felt the same in those 60 seconds - like yes, content!"

Showcasing positive elements of the World Cup on TikTok are a contrast to some of the human rights controversies surrounding the tournament.

Alice admits that she went into the World Cup with a viewpoint that was "quite negative".

Qatar has been criticised for its ban on same-sex relationships and its treatment of migrant workers.

"But then I see people like Ben out in Qatar capturing footage of the stadiums and the vibes," she adds.

Heard some arsehole from Aberdeen on the radio earlier. Not sure if it was councillor or MP or some local business tit.

He was talking about the state of shopping in the city and crying about sales being down and said that the Scottish government need to end working from home and get everyone back to the office.

Just get fucked you little c**t. Working from home is here to stay, despite p***ks like him greeting about it. Forcing folk back to offices, something the government can't do anyone, won't end well and the potential small uplift in sales won't be worth the massive increase in mental health problems that it would bring.

All the scumbags greeting about folk working from home need to get over it and accept it. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Heard some arsehole from Aberdeen on the radio earlier. Not sure if it was councillor or MP or some local business tit.

He was talking about the state of shopping in the city and crying about sales being down and said that the Scottish government need to end working from home and get everyone back to the office.

Just get fucked you little c**t. Working from home is here to stay, despite p***ks like him greeting about it. Forcing folk back to offices, something the government can't do anyone, won't end well and the potential small uplift in sales won't be worth the massive increase in mental health problems that it would bring.

All the scumbags greeting about folk working from home need to get over it and accept it. 

Probably a Tory 

Perhaps sales are down because nobody's got any money thanks to your party, ya welt.

I know, politics forum for this pish.

19 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Probably a Tory 

Perhaps sales are down because nobody's got any money thanks to your party, ya welt.

I know, politics forum for this pish.

Probably.

On the same show some Labour lad was saying that zero hour contracts should be banned. Fully agree. Then he said it would be hard for those on zero hour contracts when they went for a mortgage...

What fucking world do these politicians live in?! No one on a zero hours contract will have the funds available for a deposit, unless they live with parents and have pretty much no outgoings. Even still, given the nature of zero hour contracts, no lenders will be giving anyone a mortgage based on them.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I was thinking about wfh the other day, I wonder how many people have been able to re-enter the workforce because of the growth in it.

A combination of my kids ages and mental health means I a) couldn't afford work ft and b) couldn't cope ft in office. But I'm now 9 months into wfh roles and really enjoying it. 

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

b7f.gif.9ccbb69c6ad5051c0c5cf578a7008bc8.gif

There are enough valid reasons to bin full-time office posts without having to resort to this nonsense. 

You might be right as a rule, but don't underestimate the impact of me going about with a face that would turn milk has on others.

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

b7f.gif.9ccbb69c6ad5051c0c5cf578a7008bc8.gif

There are enough valid reasons to bin full-time office posts without having to resort to this nonsense. 

Just because you may not have experienced it doesn't mean it isn't an issue for many. I've seen plenty of discussion where folk have indicated that being forced back full time in to an office would be detrimental to their mental health.