Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 29/06/2023 at 21:32, Salt n Vinegar said:

Where's the salt and vinegar/salt and sauce boundaries? I live in the east and from the reaction I get when I ask for s+v I sometimes think I must have mispronounced it and asked for a plague kebab.

Isn't salt & sauce a specifically Edinburgh thing?  I've always lived in Fife & Dundee and genuinely never heard the phrase spoken in real life.

19 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Isn't salt & sauce a specifically Edinburgh thing?  I've always lived in Fife & Dundee and genuinely never heard the phrase spoken in real life.

Yeah, in my experience in Fife it was always "anything on it?" - with salt, vinegar, brown sauce (none of your kiddies ketchup thank you very much), any combination of those or 'everything' which was all three.

18 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I'm not exactly sure of the belt. Dunbar used to be a purely S&V place but I think incomers have changed this. I'm sure Adriano's in Aberlady did salt and sauce but that's a curry place now

Linlithgow was S&V I'm sure. Going south Newtongrange was salt and sauce and I've never bought chips in Gorebridge.

8 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yeah, in my experience in Fife it was always "anything on it?" - with salt, vinegar, brown sauce (none of your kiddies ketchup thank you very much), any combination of those or 'everything' which was all three.

Thats how it is in the Greater Falkirk area. Everything on it means salt, vinegar and broon sauce

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats how it is in the Greater Falkirk area. Everything on it means salt, vinegar and broon sauce

Thing is, the Edinburgh chippy sauce is generally made with Gold Star brown sauce mixed with some vinegar in the chippy.

So that "everything on it" is probably a pretty good approximation (depending on the make of broon sauce) of what we get.

Have had to hard reset my virgin media box to see if it would fix issues I have having with it. Have lost all my recordings. I know it would have happened if I had to get a new one, but still.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Dancing. Just accept that some people don't like it. 

There's been a few times I've been somewhere and not been dancing (when there has been dancing) and folk have asked if I'm alright or assumed I'm not enjoying myself when I was enjoying myself. I just don't like dancing, never have and never will. 

Some people seem to be personally offended when someone isn't dancing and often think that someone not dancing is somehow brining the mood down.

FabulousLiquidHookersealion-max-1mb.gif

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's been a few times I've been somewhere and not been dancing (when there has been dancing) and folk have asked if I'm alright or assumed I'm not enjoying myself when I was enjoying myself. I just don't like dancing, never have and never will. 

Some people seem to be personally offended when someone isn't dancing and often think that someone not dancing is somehow brining the mood down.

At the Cowdenbeath Palais or the Dunfermline Kinema Ballroom on a Saturday night - " Urr ye Dancin Hen ? "

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

And these people seem to think that if they literally drag you up by the arm maybe you'll change your mind and suddenly start enjoying it.

5 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Have had to hard reset my virgin media box to see if it would fix issues I have having with it. Have lost all my recordings. I know it would have happened if I had to get a new one, but still.

Blame the broadcasters. They won’t allow cloud saves like in other places, just local saves that cannot be exported. Have the same issue here in the Land of the Free* (*Additional fees may apply) on many systems.

The "manager-ball" patter was always generic and tedious, but the cricket c***s on Sky have absolutely ripped the arse out it with their "Bazball" nonsense, which has seen a fevered rebranding of, to my untrained eye, cricket thats a bit too attacking for the test format, and a subsequent media frenzy to turn on them as soon as they inevitably struggle against a decent side. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The "manager-ball" patter was always generic and tedious, but the cricket c***s on Sky have absolutely ripped the arse out it with their "Bazball" nonsense, which has seen a fevered rebranding of, to my untrained eye, cricket thats a bit too attacking for the test format, and a subsequent media frenzy to turn on them as soon as they inevitably struggle against a decent side. 

You can see/hear the total unravelling of Bazball pish right now. Australia ripping right into them. Sometimes it's better to just to go out and do your job.

2 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

You can see/hear the total unravelling of Bazball pish right now. Australia ripping right into them. Sometimes it's better to just to go out and do your job.

Yeah i've been aware of how its been going, aswell as pundits who hitherto were telling us how the Aussies would be unable to cope, now telling us that they knew it would never work and England are architects of their own downfall etc. I mean its funny as f**k, but it all started with them hijacking some already shit patter and making it worse.....