Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The Spain Vs Croatia scoreboard having Spain in Spanish (ESP) but Croatia in English (CRO) rather than Croatian.

Consistency people!

Should it not be HRV or something like that? Did they have Germany as GER? (G for Germany!? If you know, you know)

Never noticed but it's going to annoy me now you've mentioned it! 

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Did they have Germany as GER? (G for Germany!? If you know, you know)

Yes, they did.

Who's genuinely going to be watching this game and think "wtf is this SPA / SPN playing in the standard Spanish colours?"

If Albania get ALB later, which could easily be Alba, then all hell will break loose.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I think there's an agreed upon standard that's been decided for every game(across sports as well I believe) so that every nation always use the same letters. I guess that when these don't make sense in local language then local broadcasters may change 

Just now, parsforlife said:

I think there's an agreed upon standard that's been decided for every game(across sports as well I believe) so that every nation always use the same letters. I guess that when these don't make sense in local language then local broadcasters may change 

It's all a standardised FIFA code for official competitions. Generally the first 3 letters of the name in English except for a few teams listed in French (esp , sui off the top of my head ) because , well why have it all the same ?! 

6 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

There was a show I was keeping an eye on and had planned to get tickets next month. Last week it was showing as "Low Availabilty" on Ticketmaster, so I bought the ticket when I didn't really have the money for it. Two days later the "Low Availabilty" label had disappeared. Hate Ticketmaster.

Still says there's Limited Availability for another show at The Cathouse... It's been sold out for two weeks 🙄 
But because I couldn't get tickets and subsequently need a gig for July I may take a chance on a random cheap one by bands called "The Rarely Social" ,"Alpha Signal" and "Exploding Onions". Oh, and if/when I buy that ticket it'll be from Tickets Scotland.

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

It's all a standardised FIFA code for official competitions. Generally the first 3 letters of the name in English except for a few teams listed in French (esp , sui off the top of my head ) because , well why have it all the same ?! 

The Danish must get annoyed when they play Sweden because it says SWE DEN

21 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

When have films ever been factual? Watch a documentary if you’re that bothered.

It's a film that openly claims to be closely based on historical events - not Star Wars or some other fantasy shite - that inverts the actual factual basis to create a worse plot. The actual story of the Churchill government being formed and getting through May 1940 has more authentic interest and drama than the white hat, black hat horseshit invented by a film director. It's like having a cook take fresh salad vegetables and then boiling them in a pot for 10 hours to do something different.

Taking a selection of the authentic facts and recreating the drama that actually existed would make the film better. And also stop it adding to the weirdo British fetish cult for Churchill and the Royal Family, which is not exactly working out well IMHO.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's a film that openly claims to be closely based on historical events - not Star Wars or some other fantasy shite - that inverts the actual factual basis to create a worse plot. The actual story of the Churchill government being formed and getting through May 1940 has more authentic interest and drama than the white hat, black hat horseshit invented by a film director. It's like having a cook take fresh salad vegetables and then boiling them in a pot for 10 hours to do something different.

Taking a selection of the authentic facts and recreating the drama that actually existed would make the film better. And also stop it adding to the weirdo British fetish cult for Churchill and the Royal Family, which is not exactly working out well IMHO.

Ffs even you must be falling asleep halfway though your usual boring pish.

1 minute ago, Venti said:

Ffs even you must be falling asleep halfway though your usual boring pish.

I'm not surprised that you find it a struggle to read a whole two paragraphs tbh. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm not surprised that you find it a struggle to read a whole two paragraphs tbh. 

Your superpower is narcolepsy.

You'll make the Avengers or Justice League someday.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Your superpower is narcolepsy.

You'll make the Avengers or Justice League someday.

Still, I'm sure those weirdo comic book references sounded like an edgy comeback in your head.

Enjoy your night M8.

IMG_20240228_202524.thumb.jpg.1bf692807090b064a0fdac0cc320feb8.jpg

4 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Still says there's Limited Availability for another show at The Cathouse... It's been sold out for two weeks 🙄 
But because I couldn't get tickets and subsequently need a gig for July I may take a chance on a random cheap one by bands called "The Rarely Social" ,"Alpha Signal" and "Exploding Onions". Oh, and if/when I buy that ticket it'll be from Tickets Scotland.

The Rarely Social and Exploding Onions are both great, that'll be a fun one.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Still, I'm sure those weirdo comic book references sounded like an edgy comeback in your head.

Enjoy your night M8.

IMG_20240228_202524.thumb.jpg.1bf692807090b064a0fdac0cc320feb8.jpg

We'll be seeing outdated memes ad infinitum.

Along with your TL;DR pish.

13 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

The Rarely Social and Exploding Onions are both great, that'll be a fun one.

Rarely Social and Exploding Onions are two bands named after the effects of eating a lot of bhajis

I bought a Viaplay subscription this time last year as they done a deal for a year for £60. Worth it for the Scotland games etc. I cancelled it so it didn’t renew and just assumed Premier Sports would follow the same account settings when it all transferred over to them. 

I was incorrect and I’ve had £80 taken out my account today, bloody wonderful 

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The BBC breakfast c***s consistently mispronouncing Gelsenkirchen.

Why can’t the Nigels just learn to speak properly?

Surprised it's not one of the places we've Anglicised.

"Girl's Kitchen" sounds about right.

On 15/06/2024 at 21:58, tamthebam said:

The Danish must get annoyed when they play Sweden because it says SWE DEN

If you use the ends of the country names its all Denmark

SweDEN v DenMARK

SWEden v DENmark