Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Why every politician goes on about how they will solve un-employment and that they will bail out students - what about the normal working people? :angry:

be fair neebur, the government has to get the money for these bailouts from somewhere

Three Facebook annoyances:

1. When boyfriends/girlfriends 'like' or comment on absolutely everything their partner posts.

2. When people post updates from their phones saying stuff like "out with *insert long list of friends, all of whom have been tagged*, suuuuuch a great laugh!".. it must be fucking fascinating if you're on Facebook eh?

3. When people start every status with the word 'so'.

I'm quite grumpy tonight.

I've got absolutely no revision done today at all. I had to go sign the lease for my flat and talk about various issues surrounding the flat this afternoon so that took up a lot of time, and I just went to sleep there because I was shattered. I'm not moaning at no time, believe me I could've if I set my mind to it, it just annoys me how I can't motivate myself in these situations. I've got something to look forward to tomorrow evening though so hopefully that will help me focus a little better. It just feels a little like a wasted day.

Three Facebook annoyances:

1. When boyfriends/girlfriends 'like' or comment on absolutely everything their partner posts.

2. When people post updates from their phones saying stuff like "out with *insert long list of friends, all of whom have been tagged*, suuuuuch a great laugh!".. it must be fucking fascinating if you're on Facebook eh?

3. When people start every status with the word 'so'.

I'm quite grumpy tonight.

Facebook and all social network sites are shit. The only point I can see in them is when people have moved away and want to keep in contact with friends and the like.

I'm guessing 95% of people's contacts are good friends whose phone number and contact details they have. Why would you want to upload loads of 'random' photos from 'crazy' nights out and have horrific and needless online banter for the sake of it? If you want to share mindless rubbish no one else in the world care about, pick up the bloody phone and call them.

I'm guessing 95% of people's contacts are good friends whose phone number and contact details they have. Why would you want to upload loads of 'random' photos from 'crazy' nights out and have horrific and needless online banter for the sake of it? If you want to share mindless rubbish no one else in the world care about, pick up the bloody phone and call them.

I must defend social networks again here! I've just had a quick look at mine, and probably 90% of my friends list I don't have the phone for. I also reckon a good 80% are foreign or live abroad. This is also probably the case for the majority of friends I have on fb.

Spot on Fudge! Full of people that feel the need to share everything they do with as many people as possible. 'look at me, look how crazy i am'.

I dont want anyone knowing what im doing

You know, people said the same thing about bebo. Its not the social network, its the people. If you have a problem with the people, don't have them as your friends. If you don't want anyone knowing what you are doing then don't post anything. I find it to be bloody handy in keeping in touch with people easily.

Edited...

I feel much the same way about the status updates on here as well. They're normally inane slaverings that the poster is stupid enough to think anyone actually cares about.

I'd forgotten about the facebook style status updates! You want the battleship grey Away 2009 skin, it doesn't seem to have status updates enabled.

Edited by xbl

Spot on Fudge! Full of people that feel the need to share everything they do with as many people as possible. 'look at me, look how crazy i am'.

I dont want anyone knowing what im doing

I feel much the same way about the status updates on here as well. They're normally inane slaverings that the poster is stupid enough to think anyone actually cares about.

This is obviously an open forum to post opinions and feelings, but do it on the forum so people have a chance to comment on or discuss them, rather then crappy facebook-esque snippets.

This is obviously an open forum to post opinions and feelings, but do it on the forum so people have a chance to comment on or discuss them, rather then crappy facebook-esque snippets.

Agreed. I've actually got so pissed off with some people on facebook where I've implied that they should STFU as no cares. Didnt work though, but I find just deleting them as friends work as well.

Things like "i love big hugs", "to do the essay or not", "tonight will be messy messy messy" and "loves a good night out".........aye very good, now die!