Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My mate's in the RAF, and me and him are always having friendly banter about how the whole country is fucked for cash yet the Government can afford to send the military thousands of miles across the world for whichever conflict they deem it necessary for the UK's troops to be involved in.

So, his squadron flew out the other day... to Madrid. What wars are the UK fighting in mainland fucking Spain!? He's spending his weekend getting sloshed and going to the Bernabau! How the hell have we got money for this kind of shite!?

I have a relative in the forces. I believe he had a nice jolly recently skiing in the Alps thanks to the tax payer. I don't think this sort of thing is uncommon at all.

Edited by Enigma

Guest The Phoenix

I often have a wee jibe with the Troll over mentioning his bird.

Next time I'll include an exclamation mark so people can see I'm being tongue in cheek and don't get offended!

No! 

I often have a wee jibe with the Troll over mentioning his bird.

Next time I'll include an exclamation mark so people can see I'm being tongue in cheek and don't get offended!

Not just with him though, you never seem to contribute anything except attacks. Does it not get a bit tiring?

1358947663[/url]' post='7009379']

I didn't realise you were taking such an interest in my posts, is how you keep it "business"? :unsure:

I'm sorry if you are overly-sensitive/after an argument, I'll try and be a bit nicer!

He has a point though. You aren't very readable due to constant attempts at one-upmanship.

I didn't realise you were taking such an interest in my posts, is how you keep it "business"? :unsure:

I'm sorry if you are overly-sensitive/after an argument, I'll try and be a bit nicer!

It was an observation, based on my observations, and also on Mrs M. linking to a post of mine on another thread back in 2008. It appears that even back in 2008, you contributed very little except attacks. Here we are in 2013, and still, you it seems you contribute nothing but really dull attacks. This might not be the reality, and I'm sure it isn't, but lets face it, it is a perception based on solid evidence.

So maybe you should actually try and be a bit nicer?

I thought with all this "keeping it business" stuff you are so fond of these days the first thing you would have done is stick me on ignore.

I'm also sure that you aren't a total attention-seeker but that's my perception of you based on solid evidence. I'll change if you do?

Why would I do that? I don't use the ignore function, I think you misunderstand the nature of my business. You tend not to launch your attacks on me, you don't aspire that high up the food chain, so it doesn't really bother me what you do. I was just offering an opinion of your posts.

Guest The Phoenix

Why would I do that? I don't use the ignore function, I think you misunderstand the nature of my business. You tend not to launch your attacks on me, you don't aspire that high up the food chain, so it doesn't really bother me what you do. I was just offering an opinion of your posts.

Great post. :D

Yeah, I think I do misunderstand your business as it seems to change quite frequently. I thought if you had a problem with someone's posting style you'd simply put them on ignore instead of moaning about like you are now and like you have done with the likes of G-Man.

Now you are saying it doesn't really bother you what I do as you are "that high-up the food chain", so why bring it up in the first place if you aren't bothered? This is more evidence of the attention-seeking I just pointed out IMO.

Oh and thanks for the opinion, I'll keep it in mind ;)

Thats the modern world for you, you have to maintain a flexible attitude to business!

I believe that many posters can improve if given helpful guidance. Notice how G-Man had his dyslexia almost completely cured over the space of a few months on here, and had a massively improved posting style. If you do want to travel further up the food chain, and the content of your posts and the way you target your peers screams that you do, then you have to add considerably more substance to go with your attacks.

We hired a cleaner to, er, clean our flat after we've moved out to hopefully prevent our letting company taking money from our deposit and she was a big disappointment. The company who we used charged a fee plus the on the day payment, and for what we paid I wasn't very impressed. We have a one bedroom flat, with a kitchen/dining room, living-room, hallway and bathroom and after three hours she hadn't done the bathroom, saying she'd run out of time. It wasn't a deep clean so I don't really see how she could've run out of time but hey ho.

First world problems etc.

Thats the modern world for you, you have to maintain a flexible attitude to business!

I believe that many posters can improve if given helpful guidance. Notice how G-Man had his dyslexia almost completely cured over the space of a few months on here, and had a massively improved posting style. If you do want to travel further up the food chain, and the content of your posts and the way you target your peers screams that you do, then you have to add considerably more substance to go with your attacks.

You and Standfree share on thing in common, if you spoke to people in real life the way you do on here you'd get kick your arses kicked. For example if you seriously told me to my face that you were 'further up the food chain' than me in any respect I'd hit you over the head.

Standfree's a wee keyboard warrior that's had a go at me recently but your a condescending p***k. You go a long time without showing it but eventually you just can't help yourself.

You and Standfree share on thing in common, if you spoke to people in real life the way you do on here you'd get kick your arses kicked. For example if you seriously told me to my face that you were 'further up the food chain' than me in any respect I'd hit you over the head.

Standfree's a wee keyboard warrior that's had a go at me recently but your a condescending p***k. You go a long time without showing it but eventually you just can't help yourself.

You should see me go in real life! I'm far milder and less harsh on here than I am in real life. 8)

You should see me go in real life! I'm far milder and less harsh on here than I am in real life. 8)

If I recall you were recently offered the opportunity to meet me and others in real life and passed up on it. You wanted to 'retain your mystery' or some such shit. Maybe the next time you'll take the opportunity. I'm sure it would be enlightening.

If I recall you were recently offered the opportunity to meet me and others in real life and passed up on it. You wanted to 'retain your mystery' or some such shit. Maybe the next time you'll take the opportunity. I'm sure it would be enlightening.

Why would I want to? No disrespect, but I have better things to do with my weekends than spend it with a bunch of strangers.