Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

She almost made it out that I was just entitled to the money through past contributions ("a little thank you from the government" as she put it)

She'll be joining you on the dole pretty sharpish with that kind of attitude.

My brother in law went in to look for a new job and was told to leave as he was in his work stuff and they only help unemployed people.

Don't see the problem really, he gets a new job and his job is then available. Winners all round.

There's also the pain in the arse situation where many of the jobs have application closing dates (understandably) at the end of the holidays.

I should count myself as exceptionally lucky at the moment though as I was given payment in lieu + additional redundancy payment with long service. Basically, and utterly bizarrely, I'll be financially better off after signing on than when I was at work... potentially for a few months. :wacko:

I'm actually amazed that they're giving me job seekers allowance despite me being within my payment in lieu period. If I were you, I'd be rather cheesed off that's where tax is being spent! The only reason I went in today was to see if my NI payments towards pension qualification etc would be included during this spell. I even said at the start that I hoped I wasn't wasting their time.

She'll be joining you on the dole pretty sharpish with that kind of attitude.

She was a bit of a MILF, so I doubt that would happen there.

Additionally, I found it rather odd that when I asked "what are the purposes of having to drop by in person?", she replied "it's just to check that you've not left the country and claiming abroad". Highlights the likelihood that...

the job diary is a bag of shit as you can just make it up.

Edited by Hedgecutter

For all my moans about idiots on the road. Today that was me. Trying to set off in third gear onto the busiest road in Edinburgh is never a good idea. I quite rightly got lambasted for stalling as well, mind you totally worth it for the seethe of the woman behind me who missed the gap and would be stuck for another 2 minutes. :lol:

Still for today at least Widge = a fucking, moronic, unroadworthy tool.

Still on drivers. I was driving home to Perth from Edinburgh this afternoon. At one point i was sitting 3 cars from the back of a line of 7 or 8 cars waiting to go past a lorry. The guy behind me (in a 54 page merc) obviously had enough so decided to try and undertake us all, only to be stopped by the lorry. No one let him back in so he actually lost a place in the line.

From then on he sat right up the arse of anyone he wanted to get past, so i decided to take an age passing the last person before the road opened up again, indeed i took so long we had caught up with another lorry by the time I got by :D i could see him in my mirror the whole time becoming more and more enraged, so I'm sure he appreciated my smug grin over to him when i eventually let him past.

Also the job diary is a bag of shit as you can just make it up. You might have to to make it look like you've done enough if you've applied for every job you can and you're waiting yo see new ones.

I spent the second half of 2011 unemployed, worst six months of my life. That diary took the piss though. Depending on which advisor I saw, they either understood that I was taking the time to submit decent applications for graduate-level jobs or had a go at me for not applying for one of the identikit commission-based door-to-door/telesales jobs they were advertising in the job centre. Towards the end of my time signing on when cash was getting a bit tight I started looking at them, but only because it was coming up to Christmas and I needed the money.

After 4 weeks of generally very good football at the world cup, I turn on the telly flick to bbc 1 and had the misfortune to be watching the celtic game. After about 3 minutes of mind-numbing despair at the lack of quality I had to turn over. Horrendous

After 4 weeks of generally very good football at the world cup, I turn on the telly flick to bbc 1 and had the misfortune to be watching the celtic game. After about 3 minutes of mind-numbing despair at the lack of quality I had to turn over. Horrendous

I put it on for 5 minutes before turning over. It looked like a game from the Welsh top league (mainly due to the 'stadium' right enough).

Being off on a Tuesday and Wednesday. What kind of days is that to give anyone off!? Can't really do anything because Everybody is at work and I'm just sitting in ma scratcher eating Doritos and watching the us office.

Being off on a Tuesday and Wednesday. What kind of days is that to give anyone off!? Can't really do anything because Everybody is at work and I'm just sitting in ma scratcher eating Doritos and watching the us office.

im the same, unfortunately it's just the way the shifts pan out,5 days on 2 off something like 1 in 4 weekends off :(