Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I was going to use the term 'weirdo' in my original post, but I thought I better check she wasn't a friend of yours first ;)

Judging by this post, my initial thoughts seem to be about right.

Mentalist.

Is it really being a weirdo too much to feel lonely and want some company from your neighbours? Back about 30 or 40 years ago people got on with and helped their neighbours loads but now it's a case of looking out for ourselves first and not bothering about anyone else.

This isn't a criticism or Adam Wee as he seems to have been pretty good with the neighbour so far, it's more a comment that we assume people are weirdos because they want a bit of company and are lonely, sad reflection on society I think.

The fact she was pretty drunk does count against her, I admit, but what if she had been sober, would people's perceptions have changed?

Is it really being a weirdo too much to feel lonely and want some company from your neighbours? Back about 30 or 40 years ago people got on with and helped their neighbours loads but now it's a case of looking out for ourselves first and not bothering about anyone else.

This isn't a criticism or Adam Wee as he seems to have been pretty good with the neighbour so far, it's more a comment that we assume people are weirdos because they want a bit of company and are lonely, sad reflection on society I think.

The fact she was pretty drunk does count against her, I admit, but what if she had been sober, would people's perceptions have changed?

It wouldn't have made much of a difference this time as my sister was coming over so didn't really want to have her in only for ten minutes then chuck her out.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem if she came round when she was sober, none at all, but it's the fact that she comes to the door pissed as a fart and makes quite a bit of noise, which could wake up my son. Also, neither me or LM are big drinkers so it would be her sat in our house drinking alone. My question is, if she doesn't like drinking alone then why is she buying booze at an off-licence? Why not go and sit in a pub?

From what she has told me so far it seems as though she has had a rough time of it recently, which is why I invited her in the second time as I felt a bit sorry for her, but I'm starting to lose any sympathy I had for her when she comes to my door wanting to come in for a drink. I've lived in numerous houses and flats over the years and I've never encountered someone I don't know come to my door asking if they could come in for a drink.

Good or bad, people have changed in the last 30 or 40 years and are no longer as welcoming to their neighbours as they once were. My Mum used to tell me about times when she was growing up and neighbours just used to walk into their house and sit down for a chat. I'm actually glad that this isn't the case these days. I like having my own space and when I want to, I can shut myself away from the rest of the world for a few hours peace.

You lonely, big fella?

Hungover as fuck.

Nothing to do with the thread, but I've just realised what your avatar is- it was like looking at a magic eye picture when it becomes clear.

I've had a throbbing pain in my lower left leg all day, it's not a contact injury or a muscle strain, I've no idea what it is, but it's annoying the hell out of me on many levels.