Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When it comes to nuisance calls you do know a quick google of the number tells you who called?

If you see a number that's clearly no yer mates/family, let it ring and google it.

Then you just block the number, easy Peasy

And there speaks the voice of experience.

I stayed in the 'Base' hostel in Queens town, NZ and got so fed up with folk coming in buckled at stupid AM (I worked as a mountain guide) that I got a twin room with a girl called Kate from High Wycombe. We because bedfellows.

Aye, this. When some of them get the answer machine, they just continue with their pointless message, including the whole 'press 9 to get ripped off' bit. When you actually pick up, they just hang up immediately. WTF? :huh:

By picking up, or by attempting to talk to them - even if it's only to tell them to eff off, you have confirmed that your number is valid. They'll then sell it on to other arseholes in the trade.

Here in the US, they've managed to figure out ways to disguise the number which appears when the phone rings. We often get calls allegedly from our own home number or our mobile phones. It's creepy as f**k but it means that if Mrs. Shotgun is out and a call comes in displaying her number, I have to let it go to voice-mail to be sure it's her, then call back.

We have no way of knowing what the original number was so can't block it or report it. Apparently the government can't keep up with the scammers who are presumably, making money from all this.

I stayed in the 'Base' hostel in Queens town, NZ and got so fed up with folk coming in buckled at stupid AM (I worked as a mountain guide) that I got a twin room with a girl called Kate from High Wycombe. We because bedfellows.

Best hope that Kincardine didn't marry a girl called Kate, or I think he might want a word.

By picking up, or by attempting to talk to them - even if it's only to tell them to eff off, you have confirmed that your number is valid. They'll then sell it on to other arseholes in the trade.

Here in the US, they've managed to figure out ways to disguise the number which appears when the phone rings. We often get calls allegedly from our own home number or our mobile phones. It's creepy as f**k but it means that if Mrs. Shotgun is out and a call comes in displaying her number, I have to let it go to voice-mail to be sure it's her, then call back.

We have no way of knowing what the original number was so can't block it or report it. Apparently the government can't keep up with the scammers who are presumably, making money from all this.

I'd been wondering if it was something like that. I guess just the answer machine picking up would be enough. Wonderful.

Ah well. Call screening 'til the end of time, then.

When it comes to nuisance calls you do know a quick google of the number tells you who called?

If you see a number that's clearly no yer mates/family, let it ring and google it.

Then you just block the number, easy Peasy

Don't have Caller ID, and don't really care enough to get it. Or the ability to block numbers, to my knowledge.

Still, good news for those who actually have people that call to talk to them :P

Where's this cheeky retort? I'm hoping it's gonna be a f**king stoater.

it was only 45 mins ago she was going to the gym...

I know she's a girl but FFS at least give her a chance to get a sweat on...

Edited by RoversMad