Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The pronunciation of "Ladbrokes" on the football coverage.

I know the company will have asked them to pronounce it that way but has anyone ever called it "Ladbrooks" before?

Literally never heard it pronounced any other way.

Are you saying it exactly as it's spelt?

Literally never heard it pronounced any other way.

Are you saying it exactly as it's spelt?

No, I'm not. It's spelt Lad-broke-s, not Ladbrooks.

I had never heard anyone pronounce it Lad-brooks until this season. Including the people working in the many I have frequented.

No, I'm not. It's spelt Lad-broke-s, not Ladbrooks.

I had never heard anyone pronounce it Lad-brooks until this season. Including the people working in the many I have frequented.

That's what I was asking - you pronounce it Lad-broke-s?

As I say, never heard that before. Anyone I've ever heard say the name has pronounced it Lad-brooks, and that must be a few hundred times over thirty-odd years. Funny.

That's what I was asking - you pronounce it Lad-broke-s?

As I say, never heard that before. Anyone I've ever heard say the name has pronounced it Lad-brooks, and that must be a few hundred times over thirty-odd years. Funny.

Ah got you now - yeah I pronounce it as it's spelt, and honestly had never heard anyone, including their employees, say anything different.

Ah got you now - yeah I pronounce it as it's spelt, and honestly had never heard anyone, including their employees, say anything different.

One of us is clearly the victim of a "nudge-nudge-here-comes-Mark/Dave" type conspiracy IMO.

I look forward to P&B providing the casting vote, and will prepare my tools of revenge accordingly.

One of us is clearly the victim of a "nudge-nudge-here-comes-Mark/Dave" type conspiracy IMO.

I look forward to P&B providing the casting vote, and will prepare my tools of revenge accordingly.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1446392808.515907.jpg

Can do terrible things to a man's nipples, that wrench. Not to mention the purple Buttplug of Doom :o

From now on, I'm doing all my betting with BeetFred or William Hall.

Thankfully not a betting man myself. Just the odd I-cum, you-later.

Just made a right c**t of masell, in the pub, burst out laughing at a hilarious story, blacked out, fell to the ground on Ma knees, dropped my Tennents, smashed the glass and had to be picked up by my sons. Auld age eh