Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

These, and doctors' receptionists.

"I'd like to make an appointment, please"

"What's wrong with you?"

"That's what I'd like a qualified doctor to tell me"

A&E receptionists as well. Remember breaking my wrist for the second time and going in and this arsehole receptionist got seething that I'd assumed I'd broken my wrist, despite being in agony and having done it before so knowing exactly what it felt like.

"What's happened?"

"I think I've broken my wrist"

"We'll be the judge of that, I asked you what happened"

Twat.

All the woman in my work are doing some stupid Friday weigh in thing to see how much weight they've lost in the week. They're all shrieking and hollering when they weight themselves. The worst of it is because of this the Friday breakfast roll run has stopped. Disgraceful.

Packets of paracetamol etc. You open the pack and it's a lottery as to whether the folded up leaflet is at the side of the pack you've opened or not.

If so, fine - you chuck it in the bin.

If not, annoying - the bit of paper will inevitably hinder your attempts to put the blister-pack back in the box.

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

All the woman in my work are doing some stupid Friday weigh in thing to see how much weight they've lost in the week. They're all shrieking and hollering when they weight themselves. The worst of it is because of this the Friday breakfast roll run has stopped. Disgraceful.

Tamper with the scales so that they all seem heavier than they are

Get this on Periscope!

4 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Packets of paracetamol etc. You open the pack and it's a lottery as to whether the folded up leaflet is at the side of the pack you've opened or not.

If so, fine - you chuck it in the bin.

If not, annoying - the bit of paper will inevitably hinder your attempts to put the blister-pack back in the box.

This used to do my fucking head in as I always seemed to open them at the wrong end, then I discovered that the end of the box with the barcode on it has the leaflet so open at the other end and it's sussed! 

Oh, you've lost how much? That's great Susan, well done you! Now shut the f**k up and get back to work, ya fat arsehole.
It's only fair seeing as they've fucked the roll run and you'll need to go yersel.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

This used to do my fucking head in as I always seemed to open them at the wrong end, then I discovered that the end of the box with the barcode on it has the leaflet so open at the other end and it's sussed! 

Pleasing. I shall take this away and use it.

If, however, I ever encounter a pack whereby this is not the case, I shall rain down my fury upon your head in the most horrific manner. x

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

The wifes fondness to allocate me work to do in my day off. Love the sentences that start with "are you going to.. "

It's not your wife it's pretty much every guys wife who does this.

Seen as your off tomorrow can you.......

Folk at quizzes that insist that their wrong answer is correct, particularly those that call it from their table for all to hear (granted that some can actually be correct on some technicality because of a lazy quizmaster reading out of an old book, but don't be a **** about it).  That said, the humiliating descent from dignity when the quizmaster Googles it just for them and lets them know that they are indeed completely wrong can be glorious to watch. 

Actually, just folk that take quizzes far too seriously in general.  I go to a regular one with the same teams each week and the competition between the consistently leading teams can be ridiculous (and often not in a nice way).  Proper point or two separating them type stuff.

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

On a slightly related subject, I was at work last night and my Kiwi workmate asked me if there was any goods for him to pick up and I said "f**k all", to which he replied "f**k all, or none?" 

When I told him f**k all means none, he said that it means hardly any. 

Those crazy New Zillanders.

f**k all definitely means none.  Never speak to this man again.