Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Folk at the football who want to be the super-fan that's first up celebrating (pretty much out of their seat with hands in the air the second a ball is struck).  I noticed this on MOTD a while back and it pisses me off more by the week.

Also, and I'd imagine that this has probably been mentioned a few times: supporters who stand up in anticipation the second their team venture into the opposition half.  Aberdeen fans in Pittodrie's South Stand get a particular mention here.  Any time I end up there, one group at the front makes everyone else in the low-gradient stand have to yoyo up and down just to see a pass into the centre circle.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

What's it all about? It looks twatty as f**k and makes it look like you're a wee p***k who blindly follows the latest trends of utter wankers (like top knots, or that time when guys were firing about in pink polo shirts).

It wouldn't be an outfit for today but maybe a warm sunny day in a beer garden or by the beach, or on a yacht.

Also, and I'd imagine that this has probably been mentioned a few times: supporters who stand up in anticipation the second their team venture into the opposition half.  Aberdeen fans in Pittodrie's South Stand get a particular mention here.  Any time I end up there, one group at the front makes everyone else in the low-gradient stand have to yoyo up and down just to see a pass into the centre circle.

This is sometimes an issue in the East Stand at Fir Park.
Not so much in the second half yesterday though.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

People who go to the football and talk incessantly the whole time and not even about football.  Not the usual ST holders behind me yesterday but folk they had given their tickets to.  Knew nothing about the team and little about football in general.  Spent their time taking about mortgages, family, TV programmes; fucking annoying.

That was me. The game was shite.

46 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

The yellow sweetie

Whether it be wine gums, pastilles,Starburst, fruit gums, etc, etc, no one likes the yellow ones so what's the point ?

They're the best ones

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It wouldn't be an outfit for today but maybe a warm sunny day in a beer garden or by the beach, or on a yacht.

We might fall out

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Folk at the football who want to be the super-fan that's first up celebrating (pretty much out of their seat with hands in the air the second a ball is struck).  I noticed this on MOTD a while back and it pisses me off more by the week.

You, for posting this, which I will never be able to not notice from now on.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People who go to the football and talk incessantly the whole time and not even about football.  Not the usual ST holders behind me yesterday but folk they had given their tickets to.  Knew nothing about the team and little about football in general.  Spent their time taking about mortgages, family, TV programmes; fucking annoying.

If I ever go to the football these days it's to catch up with old mates, not to discuss the merits of whether Tam Scobbie should be in the starting XI or sit in glum silence in the freezing cold contemplating whatever happened to Liam Caddis.

If I ever go to the football these days it's to catch up with old mates, not to discuss the merits of whether Tam Scobbie should be in the starting XI or sit in glum silence in the freezing cold contemplating whatever happened to Liam Caddis.

Catch up somewhere else then.

Aye you have a chat but the original point is a good one. There's loads of guys go along to the football and barely watch the game. These c***s are probably the ones most opinionated about it later or on here.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Aye you have a chat but the original point is a good one. There's loads of guys go along to the football and barely watch the game. These c***s are probably the ones most opinionated about it later or on here.

You're right, only creepy wee uber-fans such as yourself with Ayr United duvet covers and that should go to the football so you can focus in silence on the minute details of your shite team's hopeful hoofs up the pitch. 

I'd rather just watch the game and have a chat with my mates tbh, all the better if it makes some boring old codger absolutely raging.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

You're right, only creepy wee uber-fans such as yourself with Ayr United duvet covers and that should go to the football so you can focus in silence on the minute details of your shite team's hopeful hoofs up the pitch. 

I'd rather just watch the game and have a chat with my mates tbh, all the better if it makes some boring old codger absolutely raging.

Go to the pub and share a pint instead. 

At least you're not raging about it wee man [emoji2]

53 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

That was me. The game was shite.

Yesterday was not the first time I have experienced this, there are people who do it regardless of what the game is like.

If you weren't enjoying the game, and you were a really sad b*****d, you could have went downstairs and watched the rugby.

So you'd rather these boys didn't turn up at all to the football - resulting in:

1. A shitter crowd and atmosphere
2. Less money for your club

That's madness. I bet you'd be a right laugh at the football.

"So, how was your weeken..."

"QUIET! We've just won a corner!"

So you'd rather these boys didn't turn up at all to the football - resulting in:

1. A shitter crowd and atmosphere
2. Less money for your club

That's madness. I bet you'd be a right laugh at the football.

"So, how was your weeken..."

"QUIET! We've just won a corner!"

There's a balance, as you well know.

I'd rather they came and watched the match.