Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The alarm on the broken phone went off again this morning. That battery life is incredible!

Thankfully it was very quiet due to the measures I've taken.

It isn't set for weekends thankfully so Monday will be the next time it may go off.

The suspense!

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The alarm on the broken phone went off again this morning. That battery life is incredible!

It isn't set for weekends thankfully so Monday will be the next time it may go off.

The suspense!

^^
image.jpeg.dc04f8f889560b55412e9cd9cc8360b8.jpeg

You need to go retro and get one of these bad boys, virtually indestructable.
nokia-brickphone.jpg&key=966735b22ca838a7713febb429bf2a5937475853296c1d1c4dd57b91e194c0e6

We got one of these handed over to us to store for evidence and the b*****d has been going off the past couple of weeks as someone is trying to phone it. As far as I know the crime was committed a few months ago so AFAIK it’s been switched on ever since. Genuinely impressed.

Nobody has taken up my suggestion of arresting whoever’s phoning it as everyone knows what they’re phoning for.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

We got one of these handed over to us to store for evidence and the b*****d has been going off the past couple of weeks as someone is trying to phone it. As far as I know the crime was committed a few months ago so AFAIK it’s been switched on ever since. Genuinely impressed.

Nobody has taken up my suggestion of arresting whoever’s phoning it as everyone knows what they’re phoning for.

They badboys were the cockraoches of the phone world, could have been dropped from the top of the Chrysler Building and still work, even better they had snake.

They badboys were the cockraoches of the phone world, could have been dropped from the top of the Chrysler Building and still work, even better they had snake.

Drug dealers do need something to occupy them while they wait for a punter to turn up

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I dropped my phone in the street last Tuesday evening, which caused the screen to go blank. There's no noticeable external damage so seems like something inside has broken. 

The phone however still works. I know this because the cunting thing still has an alarm set that has been going off every morning at 08.00 since. The touch screen still works as I can dismiss the alarm even though the screen is still blank. I have no idea when the fucking battery will finally die. I'm almost impressed it's still going. It went off this morning, so that's over a week it's lasted. I can't turn the b*****d phone off. I've tried, knowing that the touch screen still works, but with a blank screen it's been unsuccessful. 

I can't risk a morning being the one where it doesn't go off, so I'm setting the alarm on the phone I'm using now, my old phone which I keep as a backup.

The broken phone has duct tape over the wee speaker output bit and is currently inside a sock which is inside a bubble wrap padded envelope which is inside a plastic box which is in turn inside a bigger plastic box which is wrapped in a towel. I could still hear it go off this morning, although it was very faint.

Why don't I leave it in another room you ask? Well my flat is very small so I'll still hear it no matter where it is and will have to get out of my warm bed to turn it the f**k off. It gets louder the longer it goes and goes for a good couple of minutes before snoozing for 10 minutes and trying again (twice). The current method of silencing it as much as possible, as described in the last paragraph, seems to be the best solution.

Will tomorrow morning finally be the day it doesn't go off? Stay tuned for thrilling updates.

Take the battery out, or just switch it off. Am I missing something?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I think thats why its miss leading though, where decent sized villages around Stirling aren't even classified in the greater area but in Inverness they are, I assume thats why its become so faster growing.
According to the government as of 2016:

Greater Inverness (inc. Balloch, Culloden, Smithton and Westhill) 63,220
Greater Stirling (inc. Bannockburn and Bridge of Allan) 49,830.

There's a new census next year so we should be getting pretty accurate figures soon enough.

13 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There's a new census next year so we should be getting pretty accurate figures soon enough.

The office of national statistics has it at 94 330 in 2018?

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The suspense!

I'd put it in the freezer. It'll either die completely or you shouldn't be able to hear the alarm.

10 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'd put it in the freezer. It'll either die completely or you shouldn't be able to hear the alarm.

I don't have a freezer. It's fine now, the sound is so faint that it isn't a concern any longer.

If we're talking Council then Highland council has quarter of a million people in it.  We

48 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's far more than 63,000 now.  And yep, there's no way there's more folk in Greater Stirling than Greater Inverness.  I think Inverness is generally seen as the 7th most populated place after the obvious 4, Paisley and EK?

I'm actually boring myself typing this.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The suspense!

Why don't you just take a hammer to it?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If we're talking Council then Highland council has quarter of a million people in it.  We

It's far more than 63,000 now.  And yep, there's no way there's more folk in Greater Stirling than Greater Inverness.  I think Inverness is generally seen as the 7th most populated place after the obvious 4, Paisley and EK?

I'm actually boring myself typing this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_and_cities_in_Scotland_by_population

'Settlements' section says no.

55 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Next year?! I can't wait that long, i'm going to count them myself.