Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Naw. I just thought for a minute I was in the playground.

Did the police not tell you you were to stop doing that though??? ;)

I somehow managed to strain my neck walking from my flat to the pub last night. :huh:

A night's sleep hasn't cured it, and going from lying down to standing up is agony, pain all down the right side of my neck, along to my shoulder and down the upper right side of my back.

Plus when I turn round, I have to turn my whole body round like a very slow robot.

Murder.

I somehow managed to strain my neck walking from my flat to the pub last night. :huh:

A night's sleep hasn't cured it, and going from lying down to standing up is agony, pain all down the right side of my neck, along to my shoulder and down the upper right side of my back.

Plus when I turn round, I have to turn my whole body round like a very slow robot.

Murder.

I did that about a year and a half ago mate, and I still get horrific pains on a regular basis. :( If it keeps up get it checked by the doctor because it's deffo not worth ignoring.

Murder.

GP. He may give you a muscle relaxant like diazapam or something to help.

GP. He may give you a muscle relaxant like diazapam or something to help.

I'm falling to bits, chief :lol:

This is getting better, been taking warm showers, doing some stretching and applying lots of deep heat all day, should be ok in the morning.

Was still absolutely bizarre though, walking along on my own, stone cold sober, and all of a sudden this searing pain just shot up.

Call yerself a long distant flier as well... I will have a look to see if I have any left from the long haul. If I do, I'll send some in the post if your not better in a few days.

Edited to add - what's it like down your bit? It's torrential here and bloody freezing :angry:

Edited by kiwififer

This is getting better, been taking warm showers, doing some stretching and applying lots of deep heat all day, should be ok in the morning.

Was still absolutely bizarre though, walking along on my own, stone cold sober, and all of a sudden this searing pain just shot up.

Don't put deep heat on it ffs, that will make it worse. You should use deep freeze. I did a sports injury related medical course, and was told that deep heat expands the blood vessels and makes the pain worse, whereas the cold stuff contracts them and helps with the pain. Apparently.

Call yerself a long distant flier as well... I will have a look to see if I have any left from the long haul. If I do, I'll send some in the post if your not better in a few days.

Edited to add - what's it like down your bit? It's torrential here and bloody freezing :angry:

I'll try and scab some sleep-stuff off you for my flights home if that's ok. Grey and drizzly here but I believe it's snowing in the Wairarapa.

Don't put deep heat on it ffs, that will make it worse. You should use deep freeze. I did a sports injury related medical course, and was told that deep heat expands the blood vessels and makes the pain worse, whereas the cold stuff contracts them and helps with the pain. Apparently.

ooops :lol:

Still a bit stiff this morning (oo-er, missus) but def getting better. Yesterday I had to roll out of bed and land on my feet as I couldn't sit up my neck was hurting so much!

I'll try and scab some sleep-stuff off you for my flights home if that's ok. Grey and drizzly here but I believe it's snowing in the Wairarapa.

Does this now make me a drug dealer? :huh: None left anyway, or at least I can't find them, maybe the gf swiped them for the trip back.

If you go to a chemist, you can buy over the counter stuff which she said was a lot better as well. She's back in 4 weeks Friday, so she may have some then. I'll get the name of the stuff from her as well.

The rain has now stopped but it's still freezing :angry:

Can I just ask, then, what deep heat's actually for?

My dad fell down the back steps once and he applied loads of deep heat, said it worked. It was probably just a placebo effect, though. I mean, just the name and the design on the can already makes me feel better just thinking about it.

Can I just ask, then, what deep heat's actually for?

My dad fell down the back steps once and he applied loads of deep heat, said it worked. It was probably just a placebo effect, though. I mean, just the name and the design on the can already makes me feel better just thinking about it.

You're supposed to use it before sports - I guess to warm up and it would increase blood flow for getting oxygen around the body. During and after sports, injuries should always be frozen.

You're welcome. To be honest, I always used deep heat before I did that course - if one of the girls got injured at training/matches, or if I got injured playing, I'd reach for deep heat first. I was surprised to learn that you should use freeze. I suppose it makes sense, that's why you have ice packs and things.