Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 hours ago, Ken Ickie said:

Personal care suppliers on  products such as shampoo and shower gel listing components such as eau and parfum when it is plainly water and perfume.....

Some of my favourite "people are absolute marks" patter comes from such products. I love seeing completely made up, sciencey sounding terms like "contains thickenol for thicker looking hair" 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Some of my favourite "people are absolute marks" patter comes from such products. I love seeing completely made up, sciencey sounding terms like "contains thickenol for thicker looking hair" 

See also products like razors or electric toothbrushes with nonsensical words in the model name.

Gillette Mach 3 Premium Predator Turbo etc.

Everytime I order something to the work it comes after 5 when I'm home and the place is shut

Everytime I order something to the house it comes before 5 when nobody is in.

What is the point in places saying delivery Thursday arrive before 10PM, who is in the same place all day to wait on a delivery?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Everytime I order something to the work it comes after 5 when I'm home and the place is shut

Everytime I order something to the house it comes before 5 when nobody is in.

What is the point in places saying delivery Thursday arrive before 10PM, who is in the same place all day to wait on a delivery?

75% of posters here.

55 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Folk on radio phone-ins. 

"I was just telling your producer..."

I once flabbered Mrs Mullarkey's gast a few years back when we were traversing across the frozen wild teuchterlands of the north (between Huntly and Keith).  We were listening to NECR in the car and it was a request show. She was about to phone in whilst the DJ (Jimmy McTeuchter) was blethering away. I said she would be better waiting until a some tractor advert or The Wurzels come on as she would be more likely to get the phone answered as it will only be Jimmy in the studio (his bedroom probably).  Ignoring me, as always, she phones but no answer. However, as soon as the advert for sheep dip comes on, Jimmy answers the phone with a cheery "fit like ma quine, fit yi wintin?". 

Her face was an absolute painting.

Spoiler

(Guernica by Picasso)

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

When at the table, people opening their mouth wider than they need to when forking food in. The result is you see the remnants of the previous mouthful.

Not excusing this behaviour in any way but why are you watching them?

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It's called social interaction. Looking at someone whilst talking to them is considered normal behaviour.

Staring into someone's mouth when they're eating is a pretty weird description of social interaction. 

Edited by RuMoore

1 minute ago, RuMoore said:

Staring into someone's mouth when they're eating is a pretty weird description of social interaction. 

You lads need to get out more often. I'm talking about people (and I know a few due to spending time with other people sometimes. It's a thing away from the net) who open their mouth something akin to a hippo so there's no need to stare.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You lads need to get out more often. I'm talking about people (and I know a few due to spending time with other people sometimes. It's a thing away from the net) who open their mouth something akin to a hippo so there's no need to stare.

Nah, you just go out of your way to get upset at things.