Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 10/04/2024 at 13:59, scottsdad said:

Driving round the Falkirk area is just about impossible now. Gas, electrics and water have dug up loads of the roads in the towns and villages. If you manage to find a section of road without roadworks on them, you have to swerve around to avoid the craters that make up 40% of the road surface. 

Take an example - the roundabout at the Klondyke Garden Centre, which joins the M9 and heads to Grangemouth. It underwent a huge upgrade about 2 years ago, and the surface is horrendous. Potholes have joined forces and formed a posse. 

I assume it's the same story elsewhere in the country but it's just really annoying the hell out of me right now that I cannot go anywhere without stopping at temporary lights or having my skeleton rattled as my car goes over what feels like railway sidings.  

Everything seems half finished in Falkirk.

I mean even the fitba club only has 3 stands.

Only joking 🙃 😂 

Congratulations on promotion from the seaside leagues.

Shouldn’t be long until we can resume the Bairns vs Buddies league rivalry 😂 

Although what may possibly happen is that you experience back to back promotions and we get relegated next year. Not beyond the scope of possibilities. 

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

I was hoping the video link was good to see what Jim Goodwin there looks so concerned about.

Probably that massive dog jumping over the counter to rip his face off.

8 minutes ago, Eednud said:

As it’s been cold in the morning I’ve had to wear jeans the last three days and today socks for the first time this year. 

Same. Jumpers are out of storage too.

On 23/03/2024 at 14:53, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tsk....I hope you don't receive the same message I got from Dufresne when I used the 'h' word last year. This might let us see the consistency or otherwise of Div's ridiculous 'I can't offend Sevco' policy.

Warning issued by Andy Dufresne

February 12, 2023

Penalty

• Given 1 point which will never expire.

Note for member

You have been on this site long enough to know why the word filter is in place,do not post the term Hu n again/

I got the same then banned for a week for not taking heid if that helps? 

Coca Cola have put lemon back into their coke but instead of combining it with full fat coke and bringing back the nicest drink they ever created (before dropping it and keeping the minging Coca Cola Vanilla), they've combined it with the minging Coke Zero flavour. Ffs. 

On 10/04/2024 at 10:13, Hedgecutter said:

What I meant was it's annoying that a ticket bought at 10:00 isn't valid until 09:59 the next morning.

I know that you'd get folk like me who'd opt for the earlier bus the next morning for a 'free' ride, and private companies and their shareholders will never stand for that, but the point stands.

As for the NE, don't get me started on Stagecoach bus tickets not being valid on First buses (I've not been on the latter for at least a decade).

Or my personal favourite. There are two buses that go from Torry (South) to the north of the city. One is First and the other a stagecoach. The Stagecoach route is a mere 3 minutes behind the First, but they often catch up with each other. The reality is that we're served with one bus. Privatisation is nonsensical when it comes to transport.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Coca Cola have put lemon back into their coke but instead of combining it with full fat coke and bringing back the nicest drink they ever created (before dropping it and keeping the minging Coca Cola Vanilla), they've combined it with the minging Coke Zero flavour. Ffs. 

Coke Zero gives me the shits.

4 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

BBE date being in tiny writing on foodstuff.

Cooking instructions being on the inside of the label so you can't read them until after you have bought the product.

Obviously trying to discourage you from attempting to cook the food without unwrapping it first I suspect.

On 10/04/2024 at 13:54, scottsdad said:

I remember playing Under 11's football. We were in a mini bus going from Alloa to Falkirk, over the Kincardine Bridge and one boy genuinely thought we had gone into England. He'd never been out of Alloa before. 

You should have asked if he remembered to take his passport.