Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Aye, if you can keep arachnophobia at bay, leave the spiders alone to do their thing and flying beasties stop being much of a problem.

I started leaving a "ladder" of cloth out of the bath at night, as we had one particularly dippit spider that I kept having to rescue in the mornings. I'd like to think I'd learn the lesson after the sixth or seventh time falling into a pit from which I couldn't escape, but spiders are a breed unto themselves.

Spiders I don't touch, quite happy for them to be in the house. Really unusual for a fly to be buzzing around, was annoying me last night but thankfully seems to have fucked off or died.

1 hour ago, superwell87 said:

Rebus has been delayed because the football went to ET and penalties.

What a game though. Penalty shoot out after two 1-2 results and 30 minutes extra time. Rovers miss first penalty, Thistle miss their last 2.

Tears and snotters on buses back to Glasgow...

Well done Rovers!

59 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

What a game though. Penalty shoot out after two 1-2 results and 30 minutes extra time. Rovers miss first penalty, Thistle miss their last 2.

Tears and snotters on buses back to Glasgow...

Well done Rovers!

Aye it was some game.

On 16/05/2024 at 09:06, Hedgecutter said:

Is it just me, or are products that say 'peel here' or 'tear here' getting more and more difficult to open?

The cheese slice in a Rustlers Burger requires a degree in physics to open without the cheese breaking into several pieces. 

I say cheese, of course I mean cheese flavoured plastic. 

25 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

The cheese slice in a Rustlers Burger requires a degree in physics to open without the cheese breaking into several pieces. 

I say cheese, of course I mean cheese flavoured plastic. 

Eventually you develop the dexterity to manage it.

Of course, you have to ask yourself some serious questions when you've eaten enough microwave burgers to master any of the skills involved.

45 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

When and why did “trophy presentation” morph into “trophy lift”?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here (moi?) but "lift" has many meanings, including 'steal' and 'arrest'.  As in 'hey Jimmy, watch for the polis, a'hm gonny lift yon bike' closely followed by a uniformed officer of the law shouting "I'm gonna lift ye!" while in pursuit.  

Just saying...

53 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

When and why did “trophy presentation” morph into “trophy lift”?

I support QoS, I have no idea what either of these terms mean. 

26 minutes ago, Swarley said:

I support QoS, I have no idea what either of these terms mean. 

I can actually mind QOS lifting a trophy.

2013 against us. Nicky Clark scored two injury time goals to get a 2-2 draw.

I want to say spawny gets, but I'm much too kind.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

"When" refers to identifying a point in time. "Why" is asking the cause or reason.

HTH

Thank you, everyday is a school day. 

15 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I can actually mind QOS lifting a trophy.

2013 against us. Nicky Clark scored two injury time goals to get a 2-2 draw.

I want to say spawny gets, but I'm much too kind.

So do I. Maybe my post would have been better from a Stranraer fan or suchlike?

Edited by Swarley

I’ve got the beer shits, but it’s not the relaxing, relief-giving, letting go of all the poison beer shits; it’s the stomach-crampy, world’s about to fall out of your arse, smells like some sort of agricultural chemical byproduct beer shits. Ugh.

4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I’ve got the beer shits, but it’s not the relaxing, relief-giving, letting go of all the poison beer shits; it’s the stomach-crampy, world’s about to fall out of your arse, smells like some sort of agricultural chemical byproduct beer shits. Ugh.

Told up to skip the Schlitz!

5 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Brewdog?

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Brewdog?

No, they seem to have disappeared off the shelves here for the most part, which is odd because their US op isn’t *so* far from here, by American standards. 

IMG_4057.thumb.jpeg.bc2c37ea40b8b64acd16dc59f01dd5a8.jpeg

That was last nights selection. That stout is 14% tho, which might explain it. 

Meant to get notifications from the Stranraer v EK play-off, which was in between the Portugal league 2 and the Saudi Arabian league games.

Clicked on the first of the latter by mistake, which has recently kicked off and my phone keeps pinging me updates on a game I have absolutely no interest in.