Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

They seem to get worse and worse with each new version of Windows as well.

You've finally worked around our shitty interface to the point where its useable? Well here's a new one that's worse than before for you to try navigate for a while.

Worst ones:

1) The newer Excel versions that treat a zoom in/out as something for the 'undo' list.  Whoever came up with that one deserves very, very bad things.

2) the order of copy/paste/cut changing depending on circumstances.

Not Microsoft, but the latest one doing my nut in on Chrome is the extra step for 'find in page'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

For ages the above has been a pet hate of mine also, and now this happens 😒 ...

FB_IMG_1719059291949.thumb.jpg.fe86a7ff09e0d0da7ee31d1852160206.jpg

I'm not going to show you the rest of it. 😬

This is what happens when you become a feeder club for Shrewsbury Town

Edited by Cosmic Joe

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

They have never really improved upon Windows 98 2nd Edition.

Which was the second to last version of Windows that was basically just a GUI plonked on top of DOS, the last being the forgettable Windows ME. Ever since then we’ve been running the abomination that is a GUI on top of Windows NT X.x.

DOS 5.0 was excellent, although Windows for Workgroups 3.11 was pretty solid. Since then it’s been a downward spiral, because the third party GUI’s had innovation and functionality at their heart…and Microsoft stepped in and crushed them, effectively freezing development of GUI’s.

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

For ages the above has been a pet hate of mine also, and now this happens 😒 ...

FB_IMG_1719059291949.thumb.jpg.fe86a7ff09e0d0da7ee31d1852160206.jpg

I'm not going to show you the rest of it. 😬

It looks better having the badge the same colour as the rest of the strip. 

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I had a Toshiba laptop in the early 90's it's running system was Windows 3.1

So did my dad.  That's when I found out what happens if you delete a whole bunch of systems files to free up some space for random sh1te.

The innocence of youth. 

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

I liked Windows 7. 

Windows 7 was brilliant. The fact it was released after Vista which was pish, made it look even better.

I fucking hate Airports, full of c***s not aware of their surroundings just stopping everywhere, get the f**k out the way and don't stop in the middle of a main walkway, come back in half an hour and this could be moved to the heads gone thread.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Which was the second to last version of Windows that was basically just a GUI plonked on top of DOS, the last being the forgettable Windows ME. Ever since then we’ve been running the abomination that is a GUI on top of Windows NT X.x.

DOS 5.0 was excellent, although Windows for Workgroups 3.11 was pretty solid. Since then it’s been a downward spiral, because the third party GUI’s had innovation and functionality at their heart…and Microsoft stepped in and crushed them, effectively freezing development of GUI’s.

It's all been downhill since you had to learn an obtuse text parser to use a computer. DOS users like us got ALL the bitches.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I fucking hate Airports, full of c***s not aware of their surroundings just stopping everywhere, get the f**k out the way and don't stop in the middle of a main walkway, come back in half an hour and this could be moved to the heads gone thread.

At least if they're going on holiday, they're not clogging up the high streets here.

Who decided that busy shop doorways were an excellent spot to stop and have a think about what you're planning to do with the rest of your day?

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Hide contents

Who decided that busy shop doorways were an excellent spot to stop and have a think about what you're planning to do with the rest of your day?

Best location for black-belts in ignorance to stop for a chat is the end of an escalator. 

On 12/06/2024 at 19:26, BFTD said:

So I just realised today that, some time ago, I agreed to do a night shift on the 23rd of June.

Ls5xZdIjc4uz.gif

Just found out that I'm going to be working on a site with no phone signal, so there'll be no listening to the game on the radio.

IMG_1731.gif.9be38c11b96daeb7328d0b4b4fc

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's all been downhill since you had to learn an obtuse text parser to use a computer. DOS users like us got ALL the bitches.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

You Alloa DOSser