Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I fucking hate when you get a song in your head and you can't remember what it's called. And I should know it... :angry:

Yaaaaaaay. Do we get another P&B guessing game here? You hum it, we'll guess it for you. :D

Have you tried that website where you can "play" the tune on your keyboard using the spacebar and it'll tell you what the song is? Can't remember the URL but I'm sure someone here will as it was posted on here a while back.

It's a classical tune. It's irritating the shit out of me. So much so that I've set up Garageband on the mac and have started arranging it! *geek*

Ride of the Valkries?

The Blue Danube?

Is it famous, whats the mood of it (bouncy, rough, sad, jolly)?

The Gray Ghosts nag, he has just finished going through one paper, and needs to go through another one and come up with a plan for tomorrow morning.

Curses to The Gray Ghosts supervisor. :angry:

No, it's none of those. :( It has the most fantastic bassline. We used to play it at band - it was one of my favourites, which is why it's bugging me so much! :(

Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture? It may not have the most fantastic basslines, but it has cannons in it. Imagine playing the cannon in an orchestra! Would smack f**k out of a triangle! :D

The Gray Ghost appreciates that this doesn't help you at all, he just thinks cannons are cool. sorry.

Haha, thanks for trying to help, but I really don't think you'll get it. It's very melancholic and sounds great in a brass band or church organ arrangement. It's in C minor, I've figured that much...

Haha, thanks for trying to help, but I really don't think you'll get it. It's very melancholic and sounds great in a brass band or church organ arrangement. It's in C minor, I've figured that much...

Aye, The Gray Ghost is pretty much exclusively all about Russian composers. The Gray Ghost wishes you luck with your quest.

::swooshes dramatically ::

Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture? It may not have the most fantastic basslines, but it has cannons in it. Imagine playing the cannon in an orchestra! Would smack f**k out of a triangle! :D

The Gray Ghost appreciates that this doesn't help you at all, he just thinks cannons are cool. sorry.

Do you think orchestras have a "utility man", a sort of versatile bloke (or blokette) who plays the odd stuff that turns up now and again?

One minute he's blasting a cannon, the next he's got one of those tubes filled with beads that make a whooshing sound.

I have absolutely no idea why any orchestra in the land would need one of those whoosh-tubes :lol: Unfortunately, that's the only thing I could think of.

I have absolutely no knowledge of classical music. Up until last week I thought Rivaldo had composed The Four Seasons.

Edited by Dunc

Do you think orchestras have a "utility man", a sort of versatile bloke (or blokette) who plays the odd stuff that turns up now and again?

One minute he's blasting a cannon, the next he's got one of those tubes filled with beads that make a whooshing sound.

I have absolutely no idea why any orchestra in the land would need one of those whoosh-tubes :lol: Unfortunately, that's the only thing I could think of.

I have absolutely no knowledge of classical music. Up until last week I thought Rivaldo had composed The Four Seasons.

It's called the percussion section ;)

One has to hope they never compose something that makes use of jungle animals....

"Alright, so brass section in on my mark got that? Good. Now, Steve, when I give the signal, you have to prod the hungry uncaged tiger in b-sharp. After that, you need to follow that with panther yowls, and then finish with the whoosh tubes."

One has to hope they never compose something that makes use of jungle animals....

"Alright, so brass section in on my mark got that? Good. Now, Steve, when I give the signal, you have to prod the hungry uncaged tiger in b-sharp. After that, you need to follow that with panther yowls, and then finish with the whoosh tubes."

"Damnit Steve, can you not just do this, it's the fourth, most important, season, 2002 with the World Cup!"

"No, Rivaldo, I just can't recreate the sound of 50,000 people booing you, ya big diving jessie!"

I GOT IT!!!! It's Sarabande. But it's not the version you'd recognise - there appears to be at least 2 Sarabandes.

That sounds like some sort of dangerous mythical fighting weapon, how is Steve gonna play them?

That sounds like some sort of dangerous mythical fighting weapon, how is Steve gonna play them?

Sounds more like the an isolated town in a spaghetti western, to me.

"The road to Sarabande is plagued with bandits, you will surely never make it across the canyon."

"I know how to... handle myself." *Steely gaze*

Sounds more like the an isolated town in a spaghetti western, to me.

"The road to Sarabande is plagued with bandits, you will surely never make it across the canyon."

"I know how to... handle myself." *Steely gaze*

If it was, it would have to be a Mexican town. Sara-bande (add accents at will). But, it still sounds like some sort of weapon.

"Disciple, you have travelled far, worked hard, and now, it is time for you to learn the skills of the legendary Sarabande."

"Gosh Sensai!"

"Yes, the SarAbande is the semi-mythical combat weapon first built by Gohan, and was used to defeat Emperor Ryu in honourable combat. Only one disciple a generation is taught the skills of the sarAbande, and now it is time for this wealy ord man to pass the gift on to his chosen student"

If it was, it would have to be a Mexican town. Sara-bande (add accents at will). But, it still sounds like some sort of weapon.

"Disciple, you have travelled far, worked hard, and now, it is time for you to learn the skills of the legendary Sarabande."

"Gosh Sensai!"

"Yes, the SarAbande is the semi-mythical combat weapon first built by Gohan, and was used to defeat Emperor Ryu in honourable combat. Only one disciple a generation is taught the skills of the sarAbande, and now it is time for this wealy ord man to pass the gift on to his chosen student"

"When you have snatched the pebble from my hand, you may learn the ways of the sarabande, Grasshopper Zurich"