The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Plonker. Try the whole Revie era. Any true Leeds fan will tell you that under Bremner and Gray, Leeds played some of their best ever football. Sadly that period was when we were last out of the big league and therefore we didn't win anything.

Gonnae no pull that shite on anyone please? Ta!

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Don Revie was great manager who as a good player wound his career down with Leeds. He was successfull because of his managerial abilities not because he played for the club in the twilight of his career. Bremner and Gray might have played some pretty football in the lower leagues, but to say this "some of the best ever football" is stretching it. Jimmy Armfield got Leeds to the European cup final, Howard Wilkinson won the league. But they weren't leeds men so they couldn't compete with the 2nd division glory years of Bremner and Gray. You're right I'm a plonker.

We should be looking for the best manager available to us, not the manager that played most games for Leeds.

As I stated.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Another defeat tonight, fecking awful display and no passion. Pathetic is the only word I can use that isn't really offensive. Gary Mc has a lot to do to get this lot back on track and for as long as I live I will never forgive the London midget for bringing in Bassett to the club, the guy is and always will be a curse on any football club.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Tatty Boabie
Two new signings,one waiting to be ratified and another in on loan.

Michalik and kenton good defenders,Elding young striker and a left back on loan.

Just what mac ordered on his 2nd day at Elland Road.

Good on him, and good luck Mac, he was a true professional, I think he will do well.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Well I'm sure your very qualified to state this.... :huh:

Right you little shitebag Mr Bates, I hope you watched today and saw what your Chelsea scum manager has done over the last few months, this team has lost all confidence & Mac has little or no chance of changing that, your a scum bag Mr Bates and I wish you would sell up and feck off.

Right you little shitebag Mr Bates, I hope you watched today and saw what your Chelsea scum manager has done over the last few months, this team has lost all confidence & Mac has little or no chance of changing that, your a scum bag Mr Bates and I wish you would sell up and feck off.

That'll be the manager that got more points than anyone else in the division? He got a job in the Premiership over a team in the 1st thats financially fucked get over it. Its going to take bottle to get back into it now. I just hope Macca turns it back round and gets more backing than Wise did at the first sign of a form dip.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
That'll be the manager that got more points than anyone else in the division? He got a job in the Premiership over a team in the 1st thats financially fucked get over it. Its going to take bottle to get back into it now. I just hope Macca turns it back round and gets more backing than Wise did at the first sign of a form dip.

You clearly have no idea about Leeds United, and perhaps a slight problem with English.

If you had read my comment you will have noted that I stated "last few months", not full season. Since Poyet left Leeds we have only won a few games and lost nearly all the others, we haven't scored more than 3 goals in the last 4 or 5 games and have been dreadful. Please stay away from Leeds topics unless you have something constructive to say that actually relates to Leeds.

You clearly have no idea about Leeds United, and perhaps a slight problem with English.

If you had read my comment you will have noted that I stated "last few months", not full season. Since Poyet left Leeds we have only won a few games and lost nearly all the others, we haven't scored more than 3 goals in the last 4 or 5 games and have been dreadful. Please stay away from Leeds topics unless you have something constructive to say that actually relates to Leeds.

Who the f**k are you? trying to make out you're the font of all things Leeds. I started off by saying Leeds shouldn't go down the road of appointing a "Leeds man" for the sake of it., you're well thought out reply "plonker" Then you go on to say the worst Leeds team in a 40 year period played "the best ever football" I didn't rise to your insults gave you a chance to put forward your point of view, what do I get more insults. You then slag the manager who would have had us top of the league if it wasn't for the 15 point reduction. When I point this out you say, ah but what about the specific period I've selected. Fuxake Man U AND Arsenal have had form slumps this season. Then comes the best of all " Please stay away from Leeds topics unless you have something constructive to say that actually relates to Leeds" Priceless.

Like you Geography (and a love of my first team prevents me going to Elland Rd). But I've been following Leeds all of my life ( A long time.) I've got relatives who are season book holders. So I know plenty of what goes on. Bates is far from ideal (You'll notice I never defended him, just Wise.) But it wasn't him that got us into the shit, he just picked the bones.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Who the f**k are you? trying to make out you're the font of all things Leeds. I started off by saying Leeds shouldn't go down the road of appointing a "Leeds man" for the sake of it., you're well thought out reply "plonker" Then you go on to say the worst Leeds team in a 40 year period played "the best ever football" I didn't rise to your insults gave you a chance to put forward your point of view, what do I get more insults. You then slag the manager who would have had us top of the league if it wasn't for the 15 point reduction. When I point this out you say, ah but what about the specific period I've selected. Fuxake Man U AND Arsenal have had form slumps this season. Then comes the best of all " Please stay away from Leeds topics unless you have something constructive to say that actually relates to Leeds" Priceless.

Like you Geography (and a love of my first team prevents me going to Elland Rd). But I've been following Leeds all of my life ( A long time.) I've got relatives who are season book holders. So I know plenty of what goes on. Bates is far from ideal (You'll notice I never defended him, just Wise.) But it wasn't him that got us into the shit, he just picked the bones.

No alleged Leeds fan would consider Wise to be anything more than a wee arse-wipe. As I stated to you, Wise has over the last few months somehow developed a fear culture within the team and this shows in the play, this can only be equated to Poyet leaving the club, so you can stuff Wise got us to the top and perhaps would have kept us there bollox.

You obviously equate only good managers to those who win things, I don't, I equate it to the style of play, the passion of the players, the determination to take things forward and the general community spirit of the club. In those terms Billy Bremner and Eddie Gray were good Leeds managers in a time when the club was not doing well in terms of finance and playing ability.

Howard Wilkinson may have won the league for Leeds in 91/92 yet many Leeds fans will tell you how they don't rate him due to the negative style of play he wanted to team to play, perhaps even worse than the George Graham period.

Guest Tatty Boabie
FFS... :angry:

Steve "FECKING" Staunton as Assistant Manager, what the feck is going on at ER?

It's a disgrace, he has no idea, but at least Bertie Bassett's gone.

No alleged Leeds fan would consider Wise to be anything more than a wee arse-wipe. As I stated to you, Wise has over the last few months somehow developed a fear culture within the team and this shows in the play, this can only be equated to Poyet leaving the club, so you can stuff Wise got us to the top and perhaps would have kept us there bollox.

You obviously equate only good managers to those who win things, I don't, I equate it to the style of play, the passion of the players, the determination to take things forward and the general community spirit of the club. In those terms Billy Bremner and Eddie Gray were good Leeds managers in a time when the club was not doing well in terms of finance and playing ability.

Howard Wilkinson may have won the league for Leeds in 91/92 yet many Leeds fans will tell you how they don't rate him due to the negative style of play he wanted to team to play, perhaps even worse than the George Graham period.

Thank you a reasonable argument. Although my personal belief and that of the (true!) Leeds fans I speak to, is that right now winning and getting out this division is far more important than pretty football. Wise was doing a job despite being a wee ned.

As for Steve Staunton, I can only think Macca saw something in him in their time at liverpool that wasn't apparent at Ireland. Maybe (hopefully) he's a better coach than manager. Whatever it is whats in place now is there for the rest of the season so its get behind them, if it fails hold an enquiry after the season is done.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Thank you a reasonable argument. Although my personal belief and that of the (true!) Leeds fans I speak to, is that right now winning and getting out this division is far more important than pretty football. Wise was doing a job despite being a wee ned.

As for Steve Staunton, I can only think Macca saw something in him in their time at liverpool that wasn't apparent at Ireland. Maybe (hopefully) he's a better coach than manager. Whatever it is whats in place now is there for the rest of the season so its get behind them, if it fails hold an enquiry after the season is done.

He also took him to Coventry (as a player) when Mac became their manager, I reckon it's a buddy thing and that's all.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

I have to say that from all accounts Leeds were probably as bad as they have ever been today v Northampton and some of the fans appear to have already turned on Macca and that ginger fanny.

Don't know what the Bates news conference on Monday will bring, perhaps his resignation and agreement to get the feck out of Yorkshire and never come back. :thumsup2