The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

here is said article Tuesday April 1, 2008

The Guardian

Leeds United's attempt to overturn the Football League's 15-point penalty comes to arbitration on April 14 and the composition of the panel that will sit in judgment raises some intriguing questions.

The three-man panel will be headed by Sir Philip Otton, an experienced football arbitrator whose judgments have been some of the most controversial in English football history. Otton chaired the Premier League's proceedings against Ashley Cole, Jose Mourinho and Chelsea which led to £600,000 in fines being handed down for tapping-up, a sum reduced on appeal.

Otton was later accused by Sheffield United of having made an "error in law" for not ordering a fresh hearing of the Carlos Tevez third-party-ownership case, although he felt the Premier League should have docked points from West Ham United.

But, if the Leeds chairman, Ken Bates, comes to ask his former manager Dennis Wise (to one of whose children Bates is godfather), he might consider Otton to be a safe pair of hands. The former court of appeals judge was, after all, one of the three disciplinary commissioners who ordered Leicester City to reinstate Wise and merely fine him two weeks' wages after the club had terminated his contract for breaking Callum Davidson's jaw.

Joining Otton is Peter Cadman, who has also chaired past Premier League disciplinary commissions. But Leeds may be concerned about the involvement of Peter Leaver, the former Premier League chief executive.

Leaver was sacked by the clubs for awarding the former BSkyB executives Sam Chisholm and David Chance lucrative consultancy contracts without first asking his paymasters' permission. Bates's close friend, Sir Dave Richards, succeeded him. Writing in a newspaper column at the time Bates said Leaver had left the league in a "mess".

--------------------

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Another victory today, 2-0 away to Orient. We played them off the park and our fans were superb in voice.

6 hours without conceding a goal and three victories in four games. Excellent :lol:

Can't wait to get back to the Championship and fecking hump b*****ds like Cardiff, Sheffield Wed & United etc....

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
The only thing you Leeds fans will be humping is sheep :P

Poor attempt at humour, I can only imagine your a youngster and therefore I won't make you feel smaller than you already appear to be! :huh:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Wrong again.

I'm in my early twenties and I'm from Cheadle, hopefully that explains my comment towards you.

Ok...erm, I see what you mean, erm.....I think I'll leave you on your won now!!! :o:wacko:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
It means I'm a Manc.

Saw a video of a few select Leeds fans on YouTube smashing up a bin :rolleyes:

Great support.

Yeah, 2 blokes from 30,000 fans, that's us! Like any club we have our share of w**kers who I'd rather see 6 foot under than anywhere near Elland Road or Leeds United FC, but as a club Leeds United have taken massive strides to get rid of those people and I reckon we are winning.

I'm proud of Leeds United fans I know and the ones I have sat beside in the last 4 years of hell, they have by the majority, stuck with the team and tried to make the club a better place to watch a game of football, for that is all it is, a game.

Proud Leeds fan and always will be.

The difference between us and the majority of Man Ure fans is that we stick with our club, where were the Man Ure fans when they were winning nowt and relegated to the 2nd Division?

Life isn't about glory hunting.

Being a supporter of a club like Leeds United means that everytime they play you want to be there, you need to know the score, you live and breathe the club and no matter what happens with them, you will always be there....

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Adidassler

Why are they singing "Millwall Here We Come" then if Leeds have taken great steps to stamp out the Leeds Service Crew and smashing up bins :lol:

Why is it that numerous people ITK, who I'm in constant contact with, will not stop going on about the numerous videos being posted by these individuals who are members of the LSC on YouTube showing the violence that occured outside Elland Road when the two teams met earlier on this season.

Don't think Leeds can be doing that great a job are they. :huh:

Edited by Adidassler

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Why are they singing "Millwall Here We Come" then if Leeds have taken great steps to stamp out the Leeds Service Crew and smashing up bins :lol:

Why is it that numerous Millwall hooligans who I'm in constant contact with will not stop going on about the numerous videos being posted by these individuals who are members of the LSC on YouTube showing the violence that occured outside Elland Road when the two teams met earlier on this season.

Don't think Leeds can be doing that great a job are they. :huh:

As I stated Leeds have their share of p***ks and they tend to want to be noticed, for that is all football violence is for many of them, attention seeking.

I would however suggest to you that by a massive majority, the Leeds fans do not bother with or have anything to do with these twats and go about their football watching like anyone else.

20 or 30 idiots posting their sad exploits on a video conference website, is hardly an example of the whole club and their supporters. We have around 25,000 at every home game and we bring 3,000 - 5,000 to every away game, so 20 twats don't really speak for the rest.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
RIP for them two Leeds lads murdered in Turkey.

Eight year anniversary tomorrow, thoughts go out to their families.

Fair enough, I have to say your comments are rather all over the place and strange. :o

Guest Adidassler

I have just realised that might not have been the best time to post that, reason behind deleting it, nothing else.

You're game with Millwall at their place will be marred with crowd trouble guaranteed.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
I have just realised that might not have been the best time to post that, reason behind deleting it, nothing else.

You're game with Millwall at their place will be marred with crowd trouble guaranteed.

Millwall and football violence appear at times to go hand in hand, not sure why you think this game deserves a special mention. I can't speak for Millwall as I don't know what steps they have taken to get rid of the twats they have, I can however speak for Leeds United and I can honestly say the club have worked hard alongside the fans to get those p***ks out of Leeds United and hopefully out of the game itself.

They are people with personality problems, ADHD and other psychological difficulties who attach themselves to a football club purely on the basis of being territorial in their so called fights...they are not football fans and have nothing to do with the club nor the real supporters. nuff said.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Adidassler
Millwall and football violence appear at times to go hand in hand, not sure why you think this game deserves a special mention.

Only thing worth talking about Leeds.

Guest Tatty Boabie
Yeah, 2 blokes from 30,000 fans, that's us! Like any club we have our share of w**kers who I'd rather see 6 foot under than anywhere near Elland Road or Leeds United FC, but as a club Leeds United have taken massive strides to get rid of those people and I reckon we are winning.

I'm proud of Leeds United fans I know and the ones I have sat beside in the last 4 years of hell, they have by the majority, stuck with the team and tried to make the club a better place to watch a game of football, for that is all it is, a game.

Proud Leeds fan and always will be.

The difference between us and the majority of Man Ure fans is that we stick with our club, where were the Man Ure fans when they were winning nowt and relegated to the 2nd Division?

Life isn't about glory hunting.

Being a supporter of a club like Leeds United means that everytime they play you want to be there, you need to know the score, you live and breathe the club and no matter what happens with them, you will always be there....

Very well said Rinky.

That's the way I feel too. It's in my blood.

I hope Leeds make the play-offs just so I can go along and have a laugh. Btw, Elland Rd and the surrounding area is a total shithole, I have recently discovered.

Maybe so, but it makes for a hell of an atmosphere. Was at the Playoff Final against Watford and the semi at Elland Rd and they were both incredible occasions. Would love another one soon!

I hope Leeds make the play-offs just so I can go along and have a laugh. Btw, Elland Rd and the surrounding area is a total shithole, I have recently discovered.

It's quite flattering that someone who supports such a massive team should show interest in Leeds, albeit in negative terms.