The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Donnerkebab

Would like to see Leeds beat Forest in the Playoff Final, personally havent been to Elland Road for years since the Kop behind the goal was a massive terrace, went there twice to see FA Cup games against Port Vale and Charlton, both were drawn but despite the fact they were lower league opposition at the time and the ground was far from full was a good atmosphere.

Also saw one of the worst misses I have ever seen by Lee Chapman in the Charlton game.

Carlisle have just equalised to make it 2-2 with half an hour to go. Having seen the bottom of the Premiership and top of the Championship this season, Forest and Leeds both need to get back into the fight for the top flight VERY soon!!

Guest Tatty Boabie
Have booked tickets for the Gillingham match (changed days - Valencia in the CL semi just 7 years ago), last game of the season. Here's hoping we get the 15 points back this week, and it's a promotion celebration!

Do you know which day the hearing is on?

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Have booked tickets for the Gillingham match (changed days - Valencia in the CL semi just 7 years ago), last game of the season. Here's hoping we get the 15 points back this week, and it's a promotion celebration!

We have absolutely no chance of getting 15 points back, the knock on effect by the other clubs involved in the top half of the league would be too much for the tribunal to rule against.

I have been informed by some people that we may get 9 points back, but to be honest I think the best we can look to get will be 5 points.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Da Costa's contract has today been terminated by mutual consent. The player has returned to Portugal. Quite simply he ranks as one of the worst players to wear the Leeds United shirt I have ever seen.

Not a professional football player.

Guest Tatty Boabie
We have absolutely no chance of getting 15 points back, the knock on effect by the other clubs involved in the top half of the league would be too much for the tribunal to rule against.

I have been informed by some people that we may get 9 points back, but to be honest I think the best we can look to get will be 5 points.

I think you're right.

A Forest-supporting mate of mine wants them to get the 15 points back so that there's no chance Forest will meet them in the playoffs.

I hope the pair don't meet either, as I've always had a soft spot for both sides (Nottingham born with Yorkshire family connections...) and reckon the sooner they get back to the top division the better. Hopefully Leeds can claim 2nd place with a reinstatement of some points and Forest can win the Playoffs!

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Bet Leeds are kicking themselves now. Had they won tonight and got the 15 points back, they'd only be a point behind Swansea with 3 games left.

Not really, as the only people who appear to think Leeds have any chance of getting points back through today's tribunal are Papa Smurf and his team of "yes" men... :angry:

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

This is the kind of pathetic, uneducated numpties that Leeds have against them in League Division One, these men run the other clubs and from what this idiot has said, it shows they haven't got a clue what the whole 15 point deduction appeal is about...

From BBC Sport:

Doncaster Rovers chairman John Ryan believes Leeds United will be unsuccessful in their bid to have their 15-point deduction overturned.

Ryan told the BBC: "In my opinion they will fail. If they do succeed it would be an incredibly sad day for football.

"It would actually mean that promotion could be decided in a court of law." If Leeds have all the points returned they would climb to second in the League One table and third-placed Doncaster would drop to fourth. "I've never known anything like this happen," he said.

Ryan is also concerned that a Leeds victory in the courts would set a dangerous precedent.

"What would happen next? Would Bournemouth, Luton, Rotherham - all the other teams that have lost 10 points, take on the Football League? I think it's a nonsense."

What this idiot has yet again failed to understand is that the 15 point deduction was an "illegal" move from the League One chairman on a club in their league. Points had already been deducted by the Football League against Leeds when they went into administration and therefore there is no written rule that allows chairman of the other clubs in the league to decide to deduct further points against one club, purely on the basis that they didn't think the amount of points deducted was sufficient against the reasons for financial difficulties.

The bottom line is the points should NOT have been deducted in the first place and Leeds United have never agreed or stated that they accepted the deduction, therefore it has been the slow legal process that has taken us to where we are now, the other chairman may have liked the ruling, I mean it at least may keep Leeds and their massive fan base in their wee league for 2 seasons, but Leeds United didn't and have challenged it ever since.

What we could have in the future is teams like Nottm Forest being deducted points because they didn't pay an invoice in time!

The rules of the Football League are that a club that goes into administration before the end of a season are deducted 10 points in that season, this occurred and Leeds were relegated.

The fact that the tax man wanted money or other financial bills weren't paid in time is a business matter and not one for the chairman of other clubs, to then decide to deduct further points from that team.

Get them to feck I say.... :angry:

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom