Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

DJP - Very Well Red is running at Southwell today with Catlin on board. Worth an E/W bet?

Just came to post this. I am not sure, I am on it and will continue to back until it wins

Very Well Red @ 12/1 3:45 e/w

Tidy win for you there City Fan, Think my old man had the same as you, all be it in the shape of 2 e/w singles

Two win only patents. All 6 doubled up with very well red, so 7 doubles, 2 accumulators

2.10 Cheltenham Razor Royale 7/1

3.35 Tramore Bronx Boy 7/4

3.15 Southwell Nightjar 7/2

1.30 Tramore Come To The Party 8/1 4th/last :lol:

2.00 Tramore Chebona Bula 5/2 Winner :)

2.30 Tramore Binocular 2/1 3/1 Winner :)

Edited by DJP

Rather than starting a new topic for one question, I thought I'd ask here and maybe one of the more regular EE posters can answer:-

What is the ruling with regards to return of stake/voiding of a bet in a race in which the chosen horse doesn't run?

i.e. - If I back a horse now for Cheltenham in March, and then it emerges that the horse doesn't run, do I get my stake returned? My Dad claims that I don't, but I'm hoping that he's talking nonsense. Within what time period would I need to back a horse to get my stake returned, should it not run?

:)

Rather than starting a new topic for one question, I thought I'd ask here and maybe one of the more regular EE posters can answer:-

What is the ruling with regards to return of stake/voiding of a bet in a race in which the chosen horse doesn't run?

i.e. - If I back a horse now for Cheltenham in March, and then it emerges that the horse doesn't run, do I get my stake returned? My Dad claims that I don't, but I'm hoping that he's talking nonsense. Within what time period would I need to back a horse to get my stake returned, should it not run?

Unless otherwise stated, I would assume you would get your money back. Just the same as if you back a horse on the morning of the race but it ends up pulling out for whatever reason.

I think you are fecked to be honest.You are betting ante post which means that if its a non-runner you lose your stake thats why you get such big odds.It really depends on which bookmaker you put it on with as some of them will have a non-runner no bet on a lot of races.What horse is it and is it a tip?

You are on a loser shakehands. One of the risks of betting ante post. I had £50 a while back on some great horse which name I can't remember (although been drinkin since 10am). To cut a long story short, horse didn't run and I lost my £50. c***s!

Tomorrow, Kempton 3.35 - Maslak. Worth an e/w. ;)

I am on it e/w at 7/1. I am sure I posted information about this horse a while back. My old man knows a member of the Hiatt family, a local stable to where I am. I will try and find out more information, but do know Catlin is there top jockey who they go for who is also on this ride tomorrow.

Neil Callan Lucky 15

2.35 Kempton Mister Green 5/1

3.05 Kempton Singingintherain 5/1

4.05 Kempton Tiddliwinks 9/4

2.05 Kempton Lily Lily 4/1

Lucky 15

1.20 Plumpton Miss Sarenne 6/4

1.50 Plumpton Fabulous Fred 7/4

2.20 Plumpton Tarquinius 4/1

2.55 Plumpton Sebastiano 7/2

Unless otherwise stated, I would assume you would get your money back. Just the same as if you back a horse on the morning of the race but it ends up pulling out for whatever reason.
I think you are fecked to be honest.You are betting ante post which means that if its a non-runner you lose your stake thats why you get such big odds.It really depends on which bookmaker you put it on with as some of them will have a non-runner no bet on a lot of races.What horse is it and is it a tip?
You are on a loser shakehands. One of the risks of betting ante post. I had £50 a while back on some great horse which name I can't remember (although been drinkin since 10am). To cut a long story short, horse didn't run and I lost my £50. c***s!

Cheers for the replies guys.

It sounds as though I would have to weigh up whether the risk was worth taking or not, but know that if I placed the bet, know that I would be very unlikely get my stake back, should the worst happen and it doesn't run.

Cheers.

Neil Callan Lucky 15

2.35 Kempton Mister Green 5/1

3.05 Kempton Singingintherain 5/1

4.05 Kempton Tiddliwinks 9/4

2.05 Kempton Lily Lily 4/1

Lucky 15

1.20 Plumpton Miss Sarenne 6/4

1.50 Plumpton Fabulous Fred 7/4

2.20 Plumpton Tarquinius 4/1

2.55 Plumpton Sebastiano 7/2

Two of the worst lucky 15's ever. Glad I did not do singles today. f*cking dire!