Any Prince Fans Out There?

I saw him when he played the Garage years ago - it was straight after a game at Cappielow if I remember

I was there as well. Was it not a Tuesday night after he'd just played the SEC? I remember standing for hours on Sauchiehall St waiting to get in and then waiting for hours for him to get on the stage. Great seeing him in such a small venue though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was there as well. Was it not a Tuesday night after he'd just played the SEC? I remember standing for hours on Sauchiehall St waiting to get in and then waiting for hours for him to get on the stage. Great seeing him in such a small venue though.

Sounds about right.

I love him and I want to go :(

You can come with me, Colin, Andy3000 and a.n. other - andy might have a spare ticket if he hasnt allocated it yet :)

Guest Tomsk The Beano

Thanks to the code on the other thread I'm off to see the Wee Man on August 14th. :D

I was at the SECC concert but I'm afraid I didn't make the effort to go to the Garage as I thought it would have been a lost cause. Must have been fantastic though.

Athough the SECC show was great he was playing silly buggers at that point and refusing to play the hits (except Peach if I remember correctly). He put on a great show nevertheless. Don't know if I'll make it down to the big smoke in August but I really want to see one of the shows.

• 2 months later...
Friday 3rd August, followed by a night out in the smoke.

Oh yeah. :D

Was there on Wednesday for the opening night, you're in for an absolute treat. I'm very very tempted to go back down for another one!

I think the set will change each night, but he opened (yes, opened!) with Purple Rain, full guitar-w**k version as well, it was goosebumptastic. I was worried our seats would be miles away but the arena is pretty impressive, most seats would have a good view. The stage is "symbol" shaped and he works his way round it, and the band are sensational, including the legend that is Maceo Parker on the horn.

He plays loads of hits, some highlights for me were Controversy, Take Me With You, a cover of The Beatles Come Together, new song Guitar, the aforementioned Purple Rain, and loads more!

Best bit by miles and one of the greatest things I've ever seen was the (supposedly) unplanned 3rd encore... the lights were on and people were streaming out of the place, and he ran back to the stage to play some songs (Little Red Corvette, Raspberry Beret and Sometimes It Snows In April) solo with guitar. We jumped the barrier so were next to the stage for it, it was pretty special! Then the band rejoined him and they did a big version of Chic's Le Freak merged into A Love Bizarre. Totally awesome :)

Was there on Wednesday for the opening night, you're in for an absolute treat. I'm very very tempted to go back down for another one!

I think the set will change each night, but he opened (yes, opened!) with Purple Rain, full guitar-w**k version as well, it was goosebumptastic. I was worried our seats would be miles away but the arena is pretty impressive, most seats would have a good view. The stage is "symbol" shaped and he works his way round it, and the band are sensational, including the legend that is Maceo Parker on the horn.

He plays loads of hits, some highlights for me were Controversy, Take Me With You, a cover of The Beatles Come Together, new song Guitar, the aforementioned Purple Rain, and loads more!

Best bit by miles and one of the greatest things I've ever seen was the (supposedly) unplanned 3rd encore... the lights were on and people were streaming out of the place, and he ran back to the stage to play some songs (Little Red Corvette, Raspberry Beret and Sometimes It Snows In April) solo with guitar. We jumped the barrier so were next to the stage for it, it was pretty special! Then the band rejoined him and they did a big version of Chic's Le Freak merged into A Love Bizarre. Totally awesome :)

Leaving for the train imminently. CAnnae. Fucken. Wait. B) Cheers for the info-review will follow on Sunday.

Sounds magic.

So jealous!

Leaving for the train imminently. CAnnae. Fucken. Wait. B) Cheers for the info-review will follow on Sunday.

Just remember, do not leave the venue til you're being thrown out :lol: It finally ended at 11 on the dot, so even if the lights are on, if it's not 11, don't move ;)

Sounds magic.

So jealous!

I was almost ready to be disappointed, big venues put me off, but it was well worth it. Just annoyed I couldn't get to the aftershow party as well!

Just remember, do not leave the venue til you're being thrown out :lol: It finally ended at 11 on the dot, so even if the lights are on, if it's not 11, don't move ;)

I was almost ready to be disappointed, big venues put me off, but it was well worth it. Just annoyed I couldn't get to the aftershow party as well!

When does it kick off? It says doors open at 6, so I'm guessing half eightish?

When does it kick off? It says doors open at 6, so I'm guessing half eightish?

Yeah, he's on stage at half eight. There was no support although I think there may be for other nights.

You can get beers and stuff in there though, round the arena there are loads of wee food bits and they all sell beer. Becks on tap for 3.50 a pint, and Boddingtons as well I think, or bottles of Stella for the same price.

Im there on the 13th September, i hope he hasnt ran out of puff by that time!

The wee man is a dynamo. He will merely be honing his cutting edge. :D

Right, I'm off. Herbage, beer and a raspberry beret please, ticket man. :D

Also heading to this tonight and the reviews down here have been immense, pretty much echoing what Colin M was saying..Took in the Emirates yesterday(fantastic) and The Valley(including walking on the pitch(Mega dodgy area mind you)) and Prince to top everything tommorow before coming home to Fir park for the Gretna game on Saturday afternoon..

Archived