P&b Running Club

Had a brilliant run yesterday - 3.2 miles with the first 2 at tempo speed (1.75 miles of it on road) and the last 1.5 ish miles were off road, scrambling up cliffs and running through mud. It was excellent. Beautiful sunny day, perfect running conditions. Am sitting here listening to the wind whistling down the chimney and hoping it calms down for a run tomorrow...

Made it out today with a 5.4 mile run. I misjudged the route (I wanted to do 4.5 miles... oops) but I was feeling strong so it didn't matter. Was pretty relentless uphill - 4.4 miles of steady climb then the last mile was steep downhill all the way home. Bit of a niggly thigh now, but hoping a rest day tomorrow will sort it out. Not as far off a 10k as I'd feared and my pace today would keep me well under the hour mark. Pleasing. :)

Well done to all you guys, impressed that you find motivation to keep going all year, rain or shine! Honestly feel so lazy whenever I look at this thread! I jacked it after the Great Scottish run. It was one of the best things I have ever done in my life, but as I hadn't signed up for anything else the motivation to train disappeared. Back in action in the last week or two and its brilliant to be back on the road, pain and all! Just 2/3 20-30 minute runs a week to get the legs going. I find doing times rather than distance the best way for me to train at the minute.I need to get another event entered to keep it going, probably one of the Edinburgh events that are coming up this year. You guys talk about parkruns, are these for all levels or runners or more for guys who take it seriously? Trepidation about finishing ten minutes behind everybody else, really fills me with dread as I'm not the most self-confident of people!

Anyway, I hope all you guys achieve your 2014 goals and I hope to keep it going and get more involved on this thread if thats OK!

Edited by Scuzz

A few months off the running due to injury bu back in to it on xmas eve of all times. Managed to do 23miles in a week and thankfully almost back to my best times. Doing Edinburgh Winter Run on Saturday hoping to do under 19minutes but muckle hill at start means anything under 20 would be good.

Probably going to Enter Edinburgh Half in May. Back to enjoying it again after weeks of running through intense pain

Well done to all you guys, impressed that you find motivation to keep going all year, rain or shine! Honestly feel so lazy whenever I look at this thread! I jacked it after the Great Scottish run. It was one of the best things I have ever done in my life, but as I hadn't signed up for anything else the motivation to train disappeared. Back in action in the last week or two and its brilliant to be back on the road, pain and all! Just 2/3 20-30 minute runs a week to get the legs going. I find doing times rather than distance the best way for me to train at the minute.I need to get another event entered to keep it going, probably one of the Edinburgh events that are coming up this year. You guys talk about parkruns, are these for all levels or runners or more for guys who take it seriously? Trepidation about finishing ten minutes behind everybody else, really fills me with dread as I'm not the most self-confident of people!

Anyway, I hope all you guys achieve your 2014 goals and I hope to keep it going and get more involved on this thread if thats OK!

parkruns are for all abilities, from international class athletes to pensioners that walk/run with the family dog.

Have a look at the usual times that people do it in, the results are posted on line. No way will you finish last.

parkruns are for all abilities, from international class athletes to pensioners that walk/run with the family dog.

Have a look at the usual times that people do it in, the results are posted on line. No way will you finish last.

Yeah exactly - the usual first and last place times are 15 - 17 mins and 40 - 50 mins or so respectively. It is truly for everyone!

Victoria Park for me yesterday morning. Good conditions, but my new compression top was a nightmare - just too tight lol! Still will be good for the gym if nothing else! Got round in 18 mins 31 secs - 12 secs outside pb.

1 hour run this morning and covered 14.55km in pretty good conditions. Looking forward to Jantastic as it will get me out training in crap weather, which is not a strength of mine!