P&b Running Club

Wee run out with the local club. Progressive miles. The guys at the front were chatting the whole way round and I was struggling to breath

I remember them days. Now I am in the middle with the guys in the front that I have coached to put them there!

Aye it was a good pace. I went out for a few drinks last night which is probably why I felt rotten. The slowest mile was because I had to tie my lace.

Split Summary

====

1) - 1m - 7:48(7:48/m) - 126cal

2) - 1m - 7:04(7:04/m) - 129cal

3) - 1m - 7:12(7:12/m) - 131cal

4) - 1m - 7:26(7:26/m) - 129cal

5) - 1m - 6:55(6:55/m) - 130cal

6) - 1m - 6:55(6:55/m) - 130cal

7) - 1m - 6:44(6:44/m) - 130cal

8) - 0.51m - 3:23(6:37/m) - 66cal

Well the X-C run at Alnwick Castle was an experience! First time this venue has been used for an X-C race. The course was everything an X-C course should be. A downhill start, level part, then the up hill started. It was a steep section, then a slight dip in to another uphill section. After that the up hill was not as bad, but it did take it out of your legs. Then the course levelled out on to a forest track. The the sharp turn into the steep downhill section back to the start. Think I got about 23M for the tripple jump on this section! The you do it all over again.. and once more for luck!. All in all it was 6 miles of torture that looking back I am glad I did and enjoyed it in a sadistic way. I got round in 48:49.

managing to get back towards my PB for the 10k. Managed it in 42 mins 3 seconds this morning - had the dry boak afterwards mind. really loving my garmin!

Another 36 secs off the 10k this morning - which got an air punch!

I also outpaced a guy on a bike over about a km most of which was uphill. Mon the runners #run-v-bike

On my way home after the Inverness half marathon which I managed to complete in 1:32:48. Delighted with the time and was nearly greeting like a bairns at the end. Could not have went quicker. About a mile to go my legs were running on empty which is something I will have to look at. Anyway mega cheesed :D

On my way home after the Inverness half marathon which I managed to complete in 1:32:48. Delighted with the time and was nearly greeting like a bairns at the end. Could not have went quicker. About a mile to go my legs were running on empty which is something I will have to look at. Anyway mega cheesed :D

Well done - great time

I had a crap 10k race in bishopbriggs on Saturday. I thought it was a road race but it was around a manky dirt trail along a canal. It was quite flat but very windy. My hamstring injury flared up around 8k again and i managed 50:14, a good couple of minutes slower than I'd hoped.

Bought some new trainers this morning, a size up on the old ones as I think that might be what is making my foot go numb after 5 or 6 miles. Find out in the next day or 2.

Anyone looked into barefoot running? I've been reading into it and am currently reading Christopher McDougall "Born to Run" about the Tarahumara tribe in Mexico. It's really interesting. I'm considering trying a pair of Vibrams...

Bought some new trainers this morning, a size up on the old ones as I think that might be what is making my foot go numb after 5 or 6 miles. Find out in the next day or 2.

Out for a run before work this morning. Foot was absolutely fine and I managed to take 3 and a half minutes or so off the usual time it takes me to cover the distance from my other halfs to mine. Looks as though I've solved that problem.