P&b Running Club

I went for my first ever run this morning. 3k took me just over 20 minutes. It's a start, aim to be doing 10k by the end of summer.

Good effort man - over the coming months you'll learn better what your limits are and keep improving from there.

And on that note, does anyone else struggle with running out in the cold? My calves seize up in the winter (below 10 degrees) - particularly if I need to stop and take a rest. If I try to rest by way of a brisk walk, this makes my legs all the worse. Anyone have any suggestions that don't involve wearing running tights?

And on that note, does anyone else struggle with running out in the cold? My calves seize up in the winter (below 10 degrees) - particularly if I need to stop and take a rest. If I try to rest by way of a brisk walk, this makes my legs all the worse. Anyone have any suggestions that don't involve wearing running tights?

Nah, I love running in the cold. My favourite is running in 1-2 degC. Anything over 14 and I get far far too hot.

Went for a 4 mile run to see how I would get on...

1209_10151383730851203_1181621377_n.jpg

No idea if that's a good start or not to be honest.

That's an alright pace if your just starting off.

I don't do the lap thing on Runkeeper so I don't know what it's all about, but at a glance it looks as if your runnings a bit erratic as if your speeding up and slowing down, I may be wrong.

Keep at it and your time will come down and you'll find your natural pace.

Stretching more?

2 runs done today. Fastish 5k on the treadmill and a steady 7.5k cross country around cally park. Bought some trail shoes with Christmas money for devilla forest 15km race so need these broken in.

I've just checked the devilla 15 on the link Reina put up. I'm going to go for that, sounds good.

I might go for The Demon Run too.

It's a good race but a bit mental at the start as you have a single trail through some trees which makes passing a pain. After that it's mostly forest roads and a few single tracks but thats fine once the race has spread out. Also you can use the police college showers. They are communal though incase you get boaby fright.

It's a good race but a bit mental at the start as you have a single trail through some trees which makes passing a pain. After that it's mostly forest roads and a few single tracks but thats fine once the race has spread out. Also you can use the police college showers. They are communal though incase you get boaby fright.

Are you propositioning me?

Runmeter is my favourite one for running, I dare say you could use it for cycling too. Most of the running trackers use the same features, but Runmeter allows you to 'race' yourself on a previously-travelled route, with your 'old' run showing on the map as a ghost, so you can race against yourself and see how you're doing.