P&b Running Club

Monkfish there are literally hundreds of 10kms in the UK during the year. Check out www.scottishrunningguide.com which has most of the Scottish ones listed. Good ones are Edinburgh and Glasgow at the same time as the main marathon festivals, but some of the smaller ones are fun too. I did the Forfar 10km on a whim last year and it was a fun route.

Ran back home from work again today. 18km and 9 mins faster than last week so almost back to pre-crimbo pace. Pretty happy with that.

I'm still struggling to get back in to a proper routine due to various aches and pains (mostly achilles).

I can't really run too much so have just been doing 5k every other day and gradually increasing the pace (from very slow to slow)

Less than 12 weeks to London.

Monkfish there are literally hundreds of 10kms in the UK during the year. Check out www.scottishrunningguide.com which has most of the Scottish ones listed. Good ones are Edinburgh and Glasgow at the same time as the main marathon festivals, but some of the smaller ones are fun too. I did the Forfar 10km on a whim last year and it was a fun route.

Ran back home from work again today. 18km and 9 mins faster than last week so almost back to pre-crimbo pace. Pretty happy with that.

Aye was on that site, but like you say there's quite a few so just wondering which were good!

1:25:56 for the GSR 2012. It was a bit of a dream run; started too fast but somehow managed to maintain it. Would love to beat that time, which could be possible with the route changes.

Some time hoping for a sub 1h 30 half this year. Did Jedburgh in 1h 34 last year but was 44m at half way point and picked up injury. Love when you start a race fast and keep it going my best example of that was kelso 10k in July when got 41m - never been close since

On the treadmill yesterday for my first bit of running since October. I get too bored just plodding along so ended up almost killing myself with some sort of HIIT. 1 minute walking, 2 minutes at 12kmh, 1 minute walking, 2 minutes at 14kmh, 1 minute walking, 2 minutes at 16kmh, 2 minutes walking, about a minute and 15 at 18kmh and then stopped as I was completely fucked. Amazing how out of shape you can get so quickly.

diamonds - Yep. Signing up as soon as I get paid.

I've tackled all parts of the route in various 10k and marathons but not in the one go. The course map makes an already small Edinburgh look even smaller. I think it will be a fun but tough route. Various hills so no PB for me.

diamonds - Yep. Signing up as soon as I get paid. I've tackled all parts of the route in various 10k and marathons but not in the one go. The course map makes an already small Edinburgh look even smaller. I think it will be a fun but tough route. Various hills so no PB for me.

I havent run a 10 mile race before so instant PB for me. I think it looks a good course in terms of ticking off the touristy bits unlike the EMF which looks utter jobby

I havent run a 10 mile race before so instant PB for me. I think it looks a good course in terms of ticking off the touristy bits unlike the EMF which looks utter jobby

That does look a lot, lot better than the EMF. If it wasn't for the date of it then I'd definitely be entering.

Like you I haven't run a 10 miler before so it would have been a nice change.

That does look a lot, lot better than the EMF. If it wasn't for the date of it then I'd definitely be entering.

Like you I haven't run a 10 miler before so it would have been a nice change.

It's a funny distance quite hard but you don't get the same sense of achievement. I found it harder than a half

It's a funny distance quite hard but you don't get the same sense of achievement. I found it harder than a half

I'm still thinking about entering it. The problem is it's only two weeks after I'm due to run a marathon and after the two marathons I've previously ran I've not wanted to run for ages.

I ran another 5k tonight again doing it slightly quicker than the last time.

I'm considering running Strathclyde parkrun on Saturday but I'll be taking it easy as the aim will just be to help a mate to PB. His current best is about 24'40.

I'm still thinking about entering it. The problem is it's only two weeks after I'm due to run a marathon and after the two marathons I've previously ran I've not wanted to run for ages.

I'm considering running Strathclyde parkrun on Saturday but I'll be taking it easy as the aim will just be to help a mate to PB. His current best is about 24'40.

Never done marathon but I would go into a ten miler exactly how you would approach a half. Needs respect. Hoping to do a couple of 10k in March April and emf half in May although haven't entered yet

The route is pretty hilly and the rule of thumb is that you should give yourself 2 weeks recovery after a marathon. If you treat as an "easy" training run you should manage ok but I think it might be a risk if you try to race it especially if you have events planned later in the year

Edited by diamonds2002

The route is pretty hilly and the rule of thumb is that you should give yourself 2 weeks recovery after a marathon. If you treat as an "easy" training run you should manage ok but I think it might be a risk if you try to race it especially if you have events planned later in the year

100% agree with every bit of that........but it does look like a cracking route.

I'll maybe see if I can find someone slow to run it with.

I'm aiming for a 90 min finish in the Great Edinburgh Run at the moment (although I'm no where near this just now). That target will be revised depending on my training.

Is that too fast or slow Ziggy?

Edited by Thundermonkey

I'm aiming for a 90 min finish in the Great Edinburgh Run at the moment (although I'm no where near this just now). That target will be revised depending on my training.

Is that too fast or slow Ziggy?

That's just about the perfect time.

I've managed to get my pal to enter and we have both put down an estimate of between 90 & 95 min so I'll see you at the start TM.

I've also entered the Alloa Half Marathon. It takes place on the 16th of March (4 weeks before my marathon) and I'll use it to see what sort of shape I'm in. I estimated between 80 and 90 min although I'm also no where near that just now.

After being a lazy shite since November, entering these has made me all enthusiastic again and that probably means one thing, I'll injure myself soon.