The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Moomintroll

He can iron that out.
He can, as did the vile one, but he needs to learn quickly. Perhaps an Ashes series isn't the best time to have L plates on.

He can, as did the vile one, but he needs to learn quickly. Perhaps an Ashes series isn't the best time to have L plates on.
The worst part is I'm sure that after the close of play last night and before going out this morning it would be stressed to all the players how important it was not to give your wicket away cheaply.

It was Buttler who survived the LBW - not that it matters!

I thought Root and Stokes were the only chance for England here - I hope it's not but this will probably be over by 3pm. At least I will get an early night - been finishing at 1am over here!

Guest Moomintroll

You always feel it on your top hand, even if it is a feather, plus you usually hear the snick as well. You should, however, always try the what me guv face before plodding off.

3 down, Denly feathering one to short leg. Wasted a review on it, never fails to amaze me that a batsman doesn't know if he hit it or not.

Guest Moomintroll
The worst part is I'm sure that after the close of play last night and before going out this morning it would be stressed to all the players how important it was not to give your wicket away cheaply.
That hasn't worked for the last 5 years so don't think it will catch on now. Not giving your wicket away should be the default state for a Test Batsman.

Guest Moomintroll

It is the Age of Dom for me, bring in Sibley & Bess and drop Denly & Mo. Move Roy to no 4 & let Woakes bat at 8 where he has time to counter attack with Bess, Broad/Archer/Anderson to come.

Guest Moomintroll
Buttler lasts just 4 minutes after lunch, 85-5.
The Lancy fan in me also thinks it is time to rest Jos for a bit, give him a few red ball innings at County level & promote YJB to 5 and give Foakes the gloves. Ben Foakes just seems to raise his batting game at Test level and he is an excellent wicket keeper.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think compared with the England rugby fans, or even the football fans, the Barmy Army are a pretty decent bunch on the whole, and they certainly recognise good players. As you say, they may be a little boorish and post tea can be insufferable if you are stuck in the wrong stand, but they are pretty fair.

They gave Shane Warne absolute pelters as a player, but he gets standing ovations whenever he walks on to the ground to do his pre match stuff.

Ricky Ponting is another case in point.

David Warner has absolutely no redeeming qualities as a person or, really, as a player, and the jeering for him isn’t going to stop.

Mate of mine lives in Australia now and comes home once a year and goes up to Celtic Park with us when back, he goes to the odd cricket match down there and tells me even the Australians think Warner is an absolute fucking melt of a guy, not popular with the press/media and the fans, has a very spiky relationship with some of his team mates as well. 

You'd imagine someone of that character would be more of a negative factor in the dressing room than a positive, he is some batsman to be fair and a very good slip catcher but, in this series has not looked himself since coming back from his ban, surprises me that as he has that air of not giving a f**k about being booed and others opinions of him, will be interesting to see how he performs in the next test if selected. 

England five down now, incredible how Australia have turned this around since the hopeless situation they found themselves in after less than two sessions of day one. England need miracle innings now from both Bairstow and Stokes to salvage a draw which is highly unlikely.  

Guest Bob Mahelp

97/6.

I've no real love for the Aussies, but the drunken, boorish f*ckwits who are the 'Barmy Army' these days deserve this capitulation. 

Edit : 97/7

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Guest Moomintroll
Mate of mine lives in Australia now and comes home once a year and goes up to Celtic Park with us when back, he goes to the odd cricket match down there and tells me even the Australians think Warner is an absolute fucking melt of a guy, not popular with the press/media and the fans, has a very spiky relationship with some of his team mates as well. 
You'd imagine someone of that character would be more of a negative factor in the dressing room than a positive, he is some batsman to be fair and a very good slip catcher but, in this series has not looked himself since coming back from his ban, surprises me that as he has that air of not giving a f**k about being booed and others opinions of him, will be interesting to see how he performs in the next test if selected. 
England five down now, incredible how Australia have turned this around since the hopeless situation they found themselves in after less than two sessions of day one. England need miracle innings now from both Bairstow and Stokes to salvage a draw which is highly unlikely.  

Have a few cousins who live there & that is the case, even the Aussies don't like the bullying arsehole. Welcome back to normal posting min, you seemed to have had quite the cob on over the last couple of days, it was not a good look tbh.