The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Two contradictory stories. Hoggie is claiming he was offered the captaincy and was offered no firm deal whereas Yorkshire are claiming he only put his name forward for the captaincy and he was demanding more money and a year longer contract.

I like Hoggard so i feel a bit sorry for him but as mentioned he will be one of the highest earners at Yorkshire so they will try to cut costs.

Two contradictory stories. Hoggie is claiming he was offered the captaincy and was offered no firm deal whereas Yorkshire are claiming he only put his name forward for the captaincy and he was demanding more money and a year longer contract.

I like Hoggard so i feel a bit sorry for him but as mentioned he will be one of the highest earners at Yorkshire so they will try to cut costs.

Yorkshire have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot,they have being doing it for years.

Still Leicestershire are interested in talking to him..i would not like to be facing him if i were a Yorkshire batsman..

Yorkshire have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot,they have being doing it for years.

Still Leicestershire are interested in talking to him..i would not like to be facing him if i were a Yorkshire batsman..

A move to Leicestershire imo would be a major step down, surely there has to be a better option than that dont you think capy?

A move to Leicestershire imo would be a major step down, surely there has to be a better option than that dont you think capy?

Too right it would be a massive step down but if its a good offer and the only one on the table does he have a choice...Maybe they are planning to bring in a few new faces to boost their league position.

Too right it would be a massive step down but if its a good offer and the only one on the table does he have a choice...Maybe they are planning to bring in a few new faces to boost their league position.

Alot would be dependant on them keeping James Taylor who looks to be a real prospect, still a fairly unatractive propositon though

Not even the $$$$$$$ on offer has been able to keep Tresco away from his front room for a couple of weeks.

Ah well, at least it proves he's not faking it. I'd quite like to read his book actually, as I obviously don't understand what it is that's caused these problems.

Guest The Phoenix
Not even the $$$$$$$ on offer has been able to keep Tresco away from his front room for a couple of weeks.

Ah well, at least it proves he's not faking it. I'd quite like to read his book actually, as I obviously don't understand what it is that's caused these problems.

Heard that on the radio on the way home.

I think the truth is he doesn't know himself.

Great shame because he's a fantastic cricketer.

Somerset are screwed now.

I'd quite like to read his book actually, as I obviously don't understand what it is that's caused these problems.

From what I've heard the book doesn't clear things up to any great degree. From reading around the web it seems to be some form of stress he feels when away from home. Not so much homesick as feeling he isn't at home looking after the wife and bairns. Think he was on tour when his father was ill and he felt guilty about it. Strange one as his wife and family offered to come with him to India but he went on his own. Very strange but it is what it is.

Guest The Phoenix
From what I've heard the book doesn't clear things up to any great degree. From reading around the web it seems to be some form of stress he feels when away from home. Not so much homesick as feeling he isn't at home looking after the wife and bairns. Think he was on tour when his father was ill and he felt guilty about it. Strange one as his wife and family offered to come with him to India but he went on his own. Very strange but it is what it is.

I think the truth is he doesn't know himself.

I read his book just the other week, it's well worth a read - at least from the point of view of what he's been through (there are other books better from a purely sporting point of view).

Really felt for him to hear this news this evening.

IIRC the book states that he has suffered from this since he was 10 and that he once hid in an Airport Shop to avoid going on a pre-season tour.

Pleased to see Trinidad & Tobago reach the final of the Champions League - makes me think there's still enough talent in the Caribbean if the politics can be sorted out.

Good match that.Did i read that the the problems between the Windies board and players has been sorted?

Good match that.Did i read that the the problems between the Windies board and players has been sorted?

Apparently so, hope it's not another false dawn. The Windies will need to be at their very best for the upcoming tour of Australia.