The Cricket Thread

bewlay

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Match has just meandered a bit since Tea. England can't really afford dull sessions because they are already behind in the match.

Obviously short on options now without Robinson, Australia don't need to take this on at all with so much time left. Weather forecast is mixed for the next 3 days though so there's a chance a fair bit of play might be lost.

If it's an on/off day due to the weather then I think that favours England. No real time pressure in the Test as yet, and if they played for an hour this morning and it just meandered along like most of yesterday evening's play, then I think Aus could really have put the game out of reach by lunch. It's not easy to bat when you are constantly having to reset yourself, so if they only really get 15min spells in between showers or something that's to England's advantage. Helps lessen the stress on the depleted attack. I don't think you can realistically ask Moeen to bowl from one end for entire 2 hour+ sessions all the way because even offies get fatigued.