The Cricket Thread

bewlay

For England to survive they need Cook to stay there for as long as possible, KP did his level best to get him run out on the first ball he faced. Looked like he decided he was going for a single regardless of where he hit it. Cook made it in by a whisker.

England have royally bottled this match, however I still think they will probably win the series.

There's not a cat in hell's chance that Mitchell Johnson won't have long spells of bowling utter garbage. Although it was funny seeing Trott looking so awful. The guy bores the hell out of me.

Anyway, 'mon the Aussies.

I'm still confident that England will win the series. The doom and gloom around England and this 'slow demise' I think is overstated. England haven't lost a test match for a long time, eventually they were bound to lose one, and England always start poorly, particularly overseas. The extent of the collapse in the first innings is disappointing but I think England have enough quality to beat Australia over the course of the five tests. Hopefully Cook and KP can restore some respectability tomorrow early on and frustrate the Aussie bowlers a bit. Can't see England saving the test from here, but they can make it respectable and remind the Aussies that we do have a good batting line up with players who are capable, even if the form hasn't been great over the last six months.

I watched it to Lunch yesterday but have now caught up with the highlights and Clarke and Warner really punished the English bowlers.

It looks like the rain well stay away and England need to bat out 183 overs which I can not see them doing but I hope there put up some fight and not just totally collapse again.

I see Scotland play there last T20 qualifier against Denmark on Sunday morning needing a win to get in a play-off spot.

Scotland still in with a shout, but unbelievably after 7 games their net run rate is 0.00018 worse than Nepal which means they'll have to win 2 games to qualify rather than 1. If they'd conceded ONE less run they could have went through in 3rd if Kenya lose to group leaders Afghanistan. As it is they'll qualify either 4th or 5th depending on the result of that game which means they need to play (and win, obvs) an extra game.

As for England , they definitely haven't solved their batting problems and all the talk about the faster pitches in Australia suiting them is sounding like bullshit. If Johnson can keep his radar straight and Harris doesn't fall to bits Australia have a very good chance now- i thought they would win this test but I didn't expect it to be so comprehensive.