The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Speculation is the only change in personnel for the final Test will be the omission of Buttler with Taylor coming in and Bairstow keeping.

I think that's fair enough. Ali gets the series to show he's an opener. If he doesn't, Hales gets the next series. Bairstow batting a touch lower makes a lot of sense.

New Zealand have declared both of their innings against a Cricket Australia XI after CAXI made 503-1, NZ using 10 different bowlers.

New Zealand say the state of the pitch forced them too

The pitch must have been a shocker as NZ felt that practicing in the nets would be more beneficial than playing out the match.

225537.3.jpg

I'm slightly more concerned as to how a team could rack up 503/1 on that minefield.

I suspect that NZ were bowling in such a way that made sure nobody got killed, and the Australians were, well, Australian professional about their batting. They declared immediately after losing their first wicket so were actually going along quite nicely at 503-0 before NZ struck. :blink:

I suspect that NZ were bowling in such a way that made sure nobody got killed, and the Australians were, well, Australian professional about their batting. They declared immediately after losing their first wicket so were actually going along quite nicely at 503-0 before NZ struck. :blink:

Yep, everybody except the wicketkeeper had a bowl, Southee only bowled 3 overs. It was so bad that when they took the second new ball it was actually ripping chunks out of the pitch.

_86402708_pitch_sydney_getty.jpg