The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Did they say anything about a conversion rate, eg if he takes 4, does he always take a 5th?

I wonder how "honest" that conversion rate figure would actually be? Most bowlers who get four are given extra overs to get five. I think a more telling stat would be how many of his five-fors consisted of five top end batsmen, like today.

The other question is; how many test wickets does Broad end up with? Conceivably he could catch Anderson. He'll be the second top wicket take when all is said and done, at the very least.

Did they say anything about a conversion rate, eg if he takes 4, does he always take a 5th?

No but I suspect the scorer (can never remember the new ones name) will be away finding out how many times anyone else has done it. One of the commentators asked that.

I wonder how "honest" that conversion rate figure would actually be? Most bowlers who get four are given extra overs to get five. I think a more telling stat would be how many of his five-fors consisted of five top end batsmen, like today.

The other question is; how many test wickets does Broad end up with? Conceivably he could catch Anderson. He'll be the second top wicket take when all is said and done, at the very least.

To an extent, but at least those spells could be compared showing the number of "extra" overs. As he tires, it would obviously become more difficult, even with the extra adrenaline. I'd be surprised if he had many all top 5 batsmen.

As for man of the series, the fact that Stokes is doing it with bat and ball could be enough to tip him over the edge.

Brilliant.

I just texted my wife (who's working) to say England had won the match and series. She texted back saying 'isn't this still England's first innings?'

When Broad is in that sort of mood he is almost unstoppable.

Who says romance is dead?

Who says romance is dead?

When we first met I told her my name was Geoffrey, 'oh, like Geoffrey Boycott?' She asked.

I knew then she was the one for me.

The above might not be strictly accurate. We did bond reminiscing over the 2005 Ashes though.