The Cricket Thread

bewlay

53 minutes ago, capybara said:
Terrible display from S.A. looked like a game set up for 5 days. I would never buy a ticket for day 5 now.

Generally they come free with day four tickets. Or at least, they used to. Trent Bridge still does that.

Edited by Savage Henry

Much like South Africa, only caught bits of it. If they held onto their chance could have been a very different game. Not sure I think much of the saffers batting but Du Plessis coming back will obviously help.

Must be the lowest number of SA-born England players vs them in a while too, only Jennings?

Really enjoyed that test match, didn't catch as much as I would have liked to today but caught the highlights on Five and the bowling by Moeen Ali was fantastic. Great to see Root get a win in his first test as captain. Great to have test cricket back.

Moeen gets his name on the Lord's honours board for the first time with a 5 for, bowled very well.

Just a shame he didn't go on and get his name on the board for a century as well.

I notice Sky Sports are moving to dedicated sports channels, with one being a cricket channel. Does anyone know if there is a way to subscribe specifically for this? At the moment I'm just paying for a Now TV pass during the test cricket months as with BT sport I don't feel the need to subscribe to both all the time but for a dedicated cricket channel at a reduced price I might be tempted but I can't really figure out how the new system works.

4 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I notice Sky Sports are moving to dedicated sports channels, with one being a cricket channel. Does anyone know if there is a way to subscribe specifically for this? At the moment I'm just paying for a Now TV pass during the test cricket months as with BT sport I don't feel the need to subscribe to both all the time but for a dedicated cricket channel at a reduced price I might be tempted but I can't really figure out how the new system works.

Sky Sports 2 is pretty much a dedicated cricket channel already, so my guess is that this 'new channel' will be no more than a rebrand of that.

Root was good on the Tuffers and Vaughan show on 5 live last night, with Graham Smith standing in for Tuffers.

Will need to catch the end of it, as they try to answer the question of "why do so many players swear at Ben Stokes?" [emoji23]

Dunno if it's just me it seems like bairstow has made real strides with his wicketkeeping. So far in the tests don't think he's made too many obvious errors made a few real sharp catches n saved a few loose deliveries.