Official P&b Cycling Thread

What d'you make of it? I'd say it's expensive, but well worth the money. Very light and comfortable.

Had to buy new tires the other day, my old ones had gone a bit bald. New pair of Gatorskins :D.

I think it's a great helemt as you say pricey but very light. I got the world champs edition also black with a couple of funky rainbow stripes on it ,

you wont go wrong with the gator skins either

Got just under 60 miles in over the weekend, was i alone cycling page 4 for this topic that’s pretty far down going on the past lol

I need a new pump the thing i have is ok for pumping the tyre up but put nowhere near the psi needed in these tyres. any recommendations

Look like a week for the turbo trainer this week also

I think it's a great helemt as you say pricey but very light. I got the world champs edition also black with a couple of funky rainbow stripes on it ,

you wont go wrong with the gator skins either

I went for it in white & silver. Purely for vanity reasons, cause it then matches up with my silver cycling shoes.

Well I finally got my bike home but the knee I smashed off the ground started giving my gyp. Not sure if it's co-incidence but it's the same knee that I was in agony with a couple of years back after a long cycle.

I should probably get it checked out to make sure I'm not doing it anymore damage. It does have a wee bit of cartilage floating on top of the kneecap which I don't suppose is normal... :unsure:

I fell off my bike the other week.I saw a guy cycling on the main road and thought pah look at that muppet.Im on the cycle path and of course they dont grit them !. Patch of ice on a slope and i was off.Luckily i had slowed down and no one saw it.

It should be warming up next week.Snow is no fun for cycling on.

Any of you more experienced guy able to give me advice?

I'm lookingto upgrade my road bike, but I'm by swamped by the choices out there and the variety of prices. I only took the sport up 15 months ago and did pedal for Scotland and another similar charity ride this year. I'm looking to push on a bit (I've entered the Kinross Sportive, and will try the Etape in 2014), but nothing too dramatic (I'm 53 so there's a limit to how much I can improve I think).

The bike I inherited is a Carrera from Halfords (costs about £400 new). I hear a lot about carbon being best, but others tell me its not as straightforward as that.

Reading a recent edition of Cycling Plus, it seems you can get a "good" bike, certainly one that would be better than what I've got for about £700 or so. Would I find much benefit from spending more? I'm think of getting a Boardman from Halfords - I've heard they are good value, and buying there would be convenient in terms of ongoing maintenance etc.

Just got the new bike. Decided to go carbon and I picked up a Specialized Roubaix this morning. :)

With the weather, and me being injured I'll probably not get out on it for a month or so. :(

Edited by printer

Just dawned on me that due to work commitments I'm missing the first three reliability trials of the season.

I've managed to keep up a good level of fitness over the winter and was really looking forward to them.

Now need to ramp it up a bit for weeks training camp in Majorca in May as we're planning to do. 80-110 miles each of the 7 days