Official P&b Cycling Thread

Wounds have healed sufficiently after crash 4 weeks ago,so definitly off to Majorca with club next Tuesday.

We're planning to do around 550 miles over the 6 days cycling and weather forecast looking good.

Don't know if I'm looking forward to tackling this one or not! :unsure:

30490594.jpg

Wounds have healed sufficiently after crash 4 weeks ago,so definitly off to Majorca with club next Tuesday.

We're planning to do around 550 miles over the 6 days cycling and weather forecast looking good.

Don't know if I'm looking forward to tackling this one or not! :unsure:

It looks awesome to go down...

50 miles this week, including a few blasts round the mtb trails in pollock park. The hybrid tyres aint cut out for it though, turn the handlebars and nothing happens for the first split second. Can be a tad disconcerting when your heading straight at a tree. Seen two deers which improved my mood :)

Thought I would post and let everyone know I cant speak highly enough of my Triban 3. Its quick, its light and its very well made. Decatholon are only making £16 per unit on these so they are exfellent value for money. Rumour is they are stopping these very soon so for £299 grab yourself a bargin.

I went for the ridgeback cyclone. Hybrid that leans more towards the mtb side of the spectrum. Digging it so far, fast enough on the roads and can just about cope with muddy trails as long as you dont go daft. £280 well spent i think.

Any good sites for cheap bike spares? (apart from ebay)

had my eye on a set of gloss white brakes for the bike I'm doing up, but wasn't quick enough to get them :(

in a similar situ. to StewartyMac, but I know how to ride ,just havent been on one foir a long time and think it would be a great way to get the weight off (I'm 42 as well :P )

Nice day again today, so it'll be the long way home again for me.

While I'm tempted to commit to cycling every day this week, come rain or shine, I wonder if my legs are up to the (total) 13 miles of short in, long home for another three days.

65 miles in a week sounds mental :lol:

While I'm tempted to commit to cycling every day this week, come rain or shine, I wonder if my legs are up to the (total) 13 miles of short in, long home for another three days.

65 miles in a week sounds mental :lol:

Do it for a couple of weeks and your legs won't even notice the 65 :thumsup2

Really enjoyable cycle to and from work today (20 miles or so in total) the weather was superb for the bike. Still using the MTB with slick tyres but was overtaken by a lad on a Sabbath road bike who put something like 1/2 a mile distance on me in around 10 mins..

I reckon he was pedalling around 16/18mph average and he didn't seem to be trying.?

I almost bought a Sabbath some time ago... :(

Maybe I should dust off the road bike for the work commute..?

Really enjoyable cycle to and from work today (20 miles or so in total) the weather was superb for the bike. Still using the MTB with slick tyres but was overtaken by a lad on a Sabbath road bike who put something like 1/2 a mile distance on me in around 10 mins..

I reckon he was pedalling around 16/18mph average and he didn't seem to be trying.?

I almost bought a Sabbath some time ago... :(

Maybe I should dust off the road bike for the work commute..?

I was once going flat out past Glasgow Airport must have been 20mph or so only for me to be breezed past by 2 old boys out on their road bikes! Wouldn't worry what everyone else is doing tbh.

Finally bought a bike. A Raleigh Pioneer Venture or something like that, in white, green and red just like the Italy flag. Cycled home with it yesterday and forgot how much I loved cycling. It was only £95 and it's second-hand but it will do to get on with getting from A to B.

I need to remember there are cars on the roads too though. I almost got knocked down three times in a 6 mile cycle.

Finally bought a bike. A Raleigh Pioneer Venture or something like that, in white, green and red just like the Italy flag. Cycled home with it yesterday and forgot how much I loved cycling. It was only £95 and it's second-hand but it will do to get on with getting from A to B.

I need to remember there are cars on the roads too though. I almost got knocked down three times in a 6 mile cycle.

Welcome aboard, Smurph! Take care.