Official P&b Cycling Thread

18 hours ago, The Master said:

Do I need new tyres? Both front and back are like this - sort of dry and cracked all round the rim.

IMG_0275.thumb.JPG.99c2f10e162166f42da4cc8ce14b40d4.JPG

If I do, it's slightly annoying because they're less than a year old.

Similarly if I do, then does anyone have any recommendations for puncture-resistant ones? They need to be PR because my ride to work is on "interesting" paths and I was fed up repairing punctures. 

It may only be the outer rubber that is a bit perished but visually it doesn't look good.

The actual carcass which gives the tyre support is what you need to check and you are gonna have to remove the tyre from the rim to check this.

As an aside, a wee trick used on car and lorry tyres to hide perished cracks was to rub boot polish into them.

Edited by broon-loon
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

Cycled from Kirkcaldy to Dunbar on Saturday. A fine day out apart from an altercation with the tram lines just before Haymarket. One grazed knee, elbow and hand as
well as a fckd thumb. Safe to say the tram line won that encounter pretty convincingly.
It was also the first time that i had cycled over the Forth Bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

I'm jumping about in a Carrera hybrid bike (no suspension). Does the trick for me but my fitness isn't too great, especially after 2 x 10 day all inclusive holidays over the summer holidays there :lol: 

Before the holidays I was getting average speeds of around 23 - 26 km/h. Need to build on that again and try and break those speeds. 

It's a roadbike I mainly use so much lighter than the one you have.

On a good day I can average around 20 mph on similar length runs depending on terrain etc 

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 13:08, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Anyone on here got a Genesis? I had my bike stolen this week, and looking at splashing out on something a bit extravagant. Edinburgh Co-op have a Tour de Fer on sale for £800 and I'm sorely tempted.

Dunno how much this helps.. but a workmate has a Genesis. It looks very similar frame wise but has Altus 8 speed with a double ring compact crank. He got it through the cycle to work scheme last year and is very happy with it..

Following the death of the woman hit by the guy riding an ILLEGAL "fixie" (a bike with no front brake) here is an interview with a London bike courier who thinks it's everyone elses fault and pedestrians should have training in how to deal with cyclists. The interview was anonymous, not sure why. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41036581

Cyclists remind me a lot of the NRA in the USA.

16 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Apparently( according to one of my cycling buddies) your ex wife does 0-60 in 5 seconds 

You already replied to his post, now you're back 18 hours later replying to the same post again with a shitey comeback. He's really got you rattled! :lol: