Official P&b Cycling Thread

5 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I see the resident stalker is back handing out some gratuitous red dots again.( both hilarious and sad)

However , I think we can all take comfort in the fact that it’s much better he keeps himself occupied here rather than harassing some innocent young girls out on their bikes 

2 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

He handed out about 15 to me last week, I thought he wasn’t coming back to this thread!

Finally managing to get the good bike into the LBS to get looked at this weekend, the Di2 rear mech is still playing up, I think it’s time to let them look at it as I want to be out on the roads on Sunday.

You do know the rule about whining about red dots don't you?

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Who’s whining ?

It’s fucking hilarious 

Especially now Welshbairn is following in his leader’s footsteps! 11 red dots from the Perthshire representative already this evening!

Edited by statts1976uk

2 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Especially now Welshbairn is following in his leader’s footsteps! 11 red dots from the Perthshire representative already this evening!

Is the collective term a rash?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

54 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Especially now Welshbairn is following in his leader’s footsteps! 11 red dots from the Perthshire representative already this evening!

You’re starting to deserve them imho 

Nice steady  ride round the bridges today on the road bike. 

46 miles 17.8mph average . More than the usual number of knobhead drivers out seething at being delayed for a few seconds and the obligatory “ you c***s should be riding in single file “ yells from the usual fatties

Hilarious 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

3 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Anyone got any tips for putting Gatorskin tyres back on the wheel?

I struggled for about 45 minutes trying to put one if the metal beaded ones on yesterday and failed miserably 

Gatorskins can be a bitch, I’ve moved over to Pirellis and never had a problem since

Bit the bullet and took the older road bike to work today. Had to stop twice within a mile or so to tiptoe through the mud that has been washed off the fields. The joys of rural cycling..

Anyway,  far from speedy but at least some calories were burned aff the beer belly..:P

16 hours ago, broon-loon said:

Bit the bullet and took the older road bike to work today. Had to stop twice within a mile or so to tiptoe through the mud that has been washed off the fields. The joys of rural cycling..

Anyway,  far from speedy but at least some calories were burned aff the beer belly..:P

Still faster than all those sat on the sofa and using more energy than those sat in their cars!

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

New traffic lights which give cyclists a head-start over other traffic have been proposed along Edinburgh's tram route https://t.co/WrD3D29AcV https://t.co/SpMOVP14Ms

Great idea

Hopefully this will be implemented in many more cities and towns throughout the country 

Edited by Unleash The Nade

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

New traffic lights which give cyclists a head-start over other traffic have been proposed along Edinburgh's tram route https://t.co/WrD3D29AcV https://t.co/SpMOVP14Ms

Could be lethal given the amount of red light running. Even saw a private hire cab speed up to go through a set of lights a good couple of seconds after they had gone red on Lothian Road earlier. 

• 3 weeks later...

No updates here for over 2 weeks?

I cycled Kilmarnock to Darvel and back today, a 20 mile loop.  My bike (Boardman Road Comp 14) finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and I invested in a new set of wheels as my rear hub had failed.  Got a set of Mavic Aksium Elites which are as low budget as you can get but an improvement on what I had.  I can feel a noticeable positive difference with them although I got my chain and console done too so its probably just all feeling better in general.

They are also all black and I got some black tape for the handlebars, changed from white, so it kind of looks and feels like a new bike.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

No updates here for over 2 weeks?

I cycled Kilmarnock to Darvel and back today, a 20 mile loop.  My bike (Boardman Road Comp 14) finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and I invested in a new set of wheels as my rear hub had failed.  Got a set of Mavic Aksium Elites which are as low budget as you can get but an improvement on what I had.  I can feel a noticeable positive difference with them although I got my chain and console done too so its probably just all feeling better in general.

They are also all black and I got some black tape for the handlebars, changed from white, so it kind of looks and feels like a new bike.

I do like Mavics, I have a set of Cosmics for my winter bike and a set of Carbone for my good bike.