Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 04/02/2024 at 21:10, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I get that one of their big things is just showing constant shots being hit vs the likes of the PGA Tour being very stop/start due to ads but it always feels so chaotic to me to the point it’s actually hard to follow. I like the chilled out thing golf has going on and enjoy a lot of the interviews and filler stuff they do, especially the on the range content you get at The Open. LIV is the total opposite and I find it all a bit stressful to watch at times. 

The team aspect of LIV is absolutely honkin’, I find it impossible to follow and there must surely be a better way of doing it. It really puts me off watching it and this is coming from someone who chooses to watch golf over any other sport outwith watching Dumbarton or Scotland.

I agree. Sky's adverts etc can get annoying but I do like a little bit of context added to what I'm watching. 

There's a balance to be struck and probably neither LIV or PGA has it right. I won't watch LIV though and only really pay attention to the majors tbh 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Big cat is playing at Riviera next week which I'm surprised about as it hilly as f@@k 

Bobs still not in Phoenix yet 😟

IIRC Tiger has never won at Riviera. There's probably still a part of him that is desperate to right that wrong

Big cat is playing at Riviera next week which I'm surprised about as it hilly as f@@k 

Bobs still not in Phoenix yet 😟

Hopefully plays sawgrass as well 

50 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Hopefully plays sawgrass as well 

He's not currently in the field for Sawgrass (only qualified so far for the Open this year - no elevated events or the three other majors):

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/golfbet/major-qualifiers?deviceId=1589c453-aacf-4046-b5f6-e7b26b72dbad

However, he just got in this week - come on Bob!!!

Edited by VictorOnopko

34 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

He's not currently in the field for Sawgrass (only qualified so far for the Open this year - no elevated events or the three other majors):

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/golfbet/major-qualifiers?deviceId=1589c453-aacf-4046-b5f6-e7b26b72dbad

However, he just got in this week - come on Bob!!!

1 minute ago, Tartan Dave said:

Bob playing this weekend now. Happy days

Hopefully he makes the weekend 

54 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Bob misses the 16th green. He has brought shame to our nation.

Laird on the 12th just now so hopefully he can regain our nations pride but that bunker that Bob went in is like a magnet today

Both scots on level par just now -3 leading 

Laird on the 12th just now so hopefully he can regain our nations pride but that bunker that Bob went in is like a magnet today

Both scots on level par just now -3 leading 

And Laird drains a 30 footer for birdie! 

Probably no more play today, looks like a similar story to previous tourneys where Bob has hit the ball well but the putter has let him down. He's currently last in the field in the putting stats.

35 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Probably no more play today, looks like a similar story to previous tourneys where Bob has hit the ball well but the putter has let him down. He's currently last in the field in the putting stats.

His putting is wild. Tour pro standard tee to green, 15 handicapper with the flat stick.