Golfers Thread

Gaz

Missing fairway on drives, couldn't sink anything greater than 6 ft on green. Just not great

So a bit of putting practice and choosing two long irons rather than drive and chip and your scores will come down. Good luck!

So a bit of putting practice and choosing two long irons rather than drive and chip and your scores will come down. Good luck!

Ha ha. Not really, it was just a bad night, played same nine holes few weeks back 6 over.
It just didn't happen tbh. That's golf, next week the long irons and fairway hybrids will be shite but I will be driving and putting like a pro.
Fukin love golf and hate it too...

Played in Wednesday sweep today.

Scrappy first nine followed by a decent back 9. Just made the buffer zone right on the mark having played the last 5 holes in even par. Only 11 putts on the back 9 :)

Hopefully a bit of confidence going forward as currently at 8.3 having been playing off 7 last year.

So in the same week that Sky w**k themselves into a frenzy with the launch of their new sports channels, it turns out that they have lost the rights to the USPGA and as it stands also have no agreement in place for next year's Masters.

It's still unclear how the USPGA will be shown, all they have said is that they are looking at different broadcasting mediums to get wider coverage, wonder if they will do something out of left field and put it on Youtube or Twitter?

As for the Masters, the BBC still have their current deal in place for highlights on the first 2 days and live coverage on the last 2, seems that Sky aren't happy to cough up unless they have exclusive UK rights, which certainly won't happen next year,

Another game of 2 halfs today in the medal.

Out in 44 :( with a really scrappy display on front 9.

Played the first 6 holes of back 9 in 1 under with back to back birdies on 13 and 14th. Followed a great  up and down on 15 for a par 3 with a triple bogey 8 on 16th. :1eye

Finished with 2 tap-in pars.

So 44 + 38 for 82 (Net 74) and in the buffer zone. 

Fecking golf :lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

In our recent club competition I managed to push a much better player all the way, only narrowly losing on the 18th.
Its given me heart that I CAN play. 

Up and at em' [emoji4]

Stick at it, I remember when I was about 14 I played the Junior champion from previous yr. 3 yrs my senior and a much better player. I was 3 up after 8.. and was pegged back. Actually won the 17th and was all sq on 18th. My honour. Backed my self and went for the big drive, only to go way left and lose my ball. Seeing what I did my opponent using his better experience dropped down two clubs, took some length of it... straight down middle. I of course lost hole. Gutted for weeks... but knew I could play. Hated it but loved it at same time

I played with my father in law on Sunday morning at Dunfermline and the catastrophic disintegration of my already fragile game continues apace.  Went round in 110 blows which is absolutely shamelful, losing 8 balls along the way.  Absolutely everything I hit above a 5 iron produces a magnificent slice.  

The only positives I can take from it were out driving the 3 (admittedly older) guys off the tee on the 6th with my 5 iron whilst they all took woods, hitting to a few feet on the par 3 13th and holing out for a 2 on the 16th from a greenside bunker.  Other than that it was utterly abysmal.

I've got a bank of lessons to take that I got for my birthday which I think i'll be getting booked in sooner rather than later. 

Stick at it, I remember when I was about 14 I played the Junior champion from previous yr. 3 yrs my senior and a much better player. I was 3 up after 8.. and was pegged back. Actually won the 17th and was all sq on 18th. My honour. Backed my self and went for the big drive, only to go way left and lose my ball. Seeing what I did my opponent using his better experience dropped down two clubs, took some length of it... straight down middle. I of course lost hole. Gutted for weeks... but knew I could play. Hated it but loved it at same time

Had a similar experience when I was younger took a 2 handicapper who was 3 years older than me to the 17th.

Knew after that, that on my day I could give most people a game, was still gutted after the result though

The handicapping system is one of the reasons I love golf. It means you can rightfully be absolutely gutted to have lost to a far better player.

It still amazes me how many "You're never a x handicap" comments you can get from someone 3 or 4 shots better who doesn't understand that handicaps mean you should have a close game if you both play well!

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The handicapping system is one of the reasons I love golf. It means you can rightfully be absolutely gutted to have lost to a far better player.

It still amazes me how many "You're never a x handicap" comments you can get from someone 3 or 4 shots better who doesn't understand that handicaps mean you should have a close game if you both play well!

Absolutely.

I love golf but it could love me back more often than it does. It`s a fecking fickle mistress. :lol:

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Played Leven Links today, finished with an 82 for a nett 71.

Course was in absolute superb condition and would recommend it to everyone

Dazzle is a member there