Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played Kings Acre for the first time in about 16 years at the weekend.  It has matured into a cracking layout.  Unfortunately it’s a bit scruffy round the tees and greens, and seems to mostly be populated by “golf bro” types

Edited by Disco Duck

29 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Always enjoy watching the Scott Hoch miss. He was a grade A w****r 

Agreed. Monty destroying him in the Ryder Cup singles back in the day is one of my favourite Ryder Cup moments. 

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Always enjoy watching the Scott Hoch miss. He was a grade A w****r 

Voted most unpopular player on tour by his peers I believe, so official confirmation of his w*****-dom.

Hoch also missed a 2.5ft putt on the 71st hole in that Masters, a wee shame. Faldo was a lucky boy in the playoff though, having already bogeyed the 10th with a poor approach only to stand and watch Hoch do that.

Ryder Cup '91 @ Kiawah - Calcavecchia went dormie 4 against Monty, they got to the 17th and Monty, in his RC rookie appearance, almost gave him a 2 footer for the match and the point, but ultimately made him putt...........................................................

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

There’s a long list of Yanks I couldn’t stand in my younger years of watching golf

Scott Hoch, Mark Calcavecchia, Corey Pavin, Andy Bean, Curtis Strange, Hale Irwin, Tom Lehman & Tom Kite. There will be more that have slipped my mind currently. 

Saying that I use to love Fred Couples, Payne Stewart, Lee Janzen and Mark McCumber. 

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/articles/cpee0z999j1o.amp

Probably an unpopular opinion but not for me I’m afraid. I’d much rather Tiger’s slot went to a young qualifier or the likes. 

I think it probably will, more often than not, but I can see why they want to leave the door open for him if he is able to play. As much as it can be boring for regular viewers/fans, there is still nobody brings eyes to the product the way he does

Boab off at 1.15pm BST with Jake Knapp in Travelers.

https://travelerschampionship.com/daily-pairings/

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard

This course, TPC Highland, is like a pitch & putt compared to Pinehurst. Scheffler taking it apart, birdies first 3 holes.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

28 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Boab finishes Rd. 1 on level par after a clumsy double bogey on 17.

He must have chunked his approach from the bunker, app said he had 166 to the hole but hit his second 128 yards into the water.

14 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Bring Back Pinehurst!

Tom Kim posted an 8 under 62. Boab already miles off the pace (T44) on level. There's no cut in these signature events so I suppose the main aim is FedEx and ranking points (although the purse is $20m..😮)

I might be a bit conservative in suggesting -19 will win. Could be -27 !!

Hope Boab can up his game the morn.

16 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tom Kim posted an 8 under 62. Boab already miles off the pace (T44) on level. There's no cut in these signature events so I suppose the main aim is FedEx and ranking points (although the purse is $20m..😮)

I might be a bit conservative in suggesting -19 will win. Could be -27 !!

Hope Boab can up his game the morn.

2nd Round - Tom Kim is currently 13 under after 11.

Fish in a barrel for some of these guys.