Golfers Thread

Gaz

This is only his 7th round in a major, yesterday was the first he had played over par.

TV coverage is so predictable. We've hardly seen Schauffele, and suddenly he pops up on screen with a birdie effort from off the green. You just knew it was going in the hole before he has even hit it.

And suddenly Schauffele is 2- and in 3rd

22 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I have seen a few folk talking about this. Apparently he was meant to be the next big thing? I think he is before my time! 

I have seen a few folk talking about this. Apparently he was meant to be the next big thing? I think he is before my time! 
It wasn't just so much about being the next big thing, although 4 European tour wins including a BMW Championship before the age of 20 was a bit special. It's been more about how far he has fallen since. He was in the top 25 in the world but is currently 1805th.

De Chambeau appears as though he's going to talk himself into a full blown meltdown before the end of this round. 

He deserves immense credit TBF. I just couldn’t imagine a situation where I’d feel a bit sorry for Patrick Reed but the bold Bryson has managed it. Playing with De Chambeau must be a real chore at any time but when you’re struggling it must be a dismal place to be.