Golfers Thread

Gaz

Frustrating that even a 72 yesterday would probably have been enough to get him into the top 50.
Yep, and there are two cut off points for the Masters, one of them being 31st December. Could have been starting the New Year knowing he was already going to Augusts.

** 2021 p&b fantasy golf league update**

- With the  European Tour Schedule finally released today, I can confirm the 16 bonus point events for this years fantasy golf league. 

Spoiler

Wk3 January  21-24 Abu Dhabi HSBC

Wk6 February 25-28 WGC Mexico

Wk8 March 11-14 Players Championship 

Wk10 March 25-28 WGC Matchplay *

Wk12 April 8-10 The Masters

Wk18 May 20-23 USPGA Championship 

Wk22 June 17-20 US Open Championship 

Wk25 July 8-11 Scottish Open

Wk26 July 15-18 The Open Championship 

Wk28 July 29 The Olympics*

Wk30 August 5-8 WGC St.Jude

Wk33 August 26-29 BMW Championship 

Wk34 September 2-5 Tour Championship 

Wk35 September 9-12 BMW PGA Championship 

Wk43 October 28-31 WGC HSBC

Wk46 November 18-21 DP World Tour Championship (Final event of the season)

Major  events worth x2 point bonus. All other events are x1.5 bonus.

Due to the format, in the WGC Matchplay only the last 16 will score points as follows (x1.5 bonus included) 1st = 75 2nd = 45 3rd = 30 4th = 24 Quarter final = 16 Last 16 = 10.

Olympic games to be scored as a x1.5 event except for medallists who receive x2.

- Prizes*

-For the overall title following the competition ending DP World Tour Championship on Nov 21st.

1st place = £20 (4x£5) to place on any golf market on Skybet.

2nd place = £10 (2x£5)

3rd place = £5

-Mini Leagues.

There will be two imaginatively titled  mini leagues over the year.

-The Road to Augusta.

Whoever scores the most points between the competition start on  Thurday January 7th until Sunday April 3rd, will win £10 (2x£5) to place on any Skybet Masters golf market.

-The Race to Whistling Straits.

Whoever scores the most points between Thursday 8th April (the masters) and Sunday 19th September (klm dutch open) will win £10 (2x£5) to place on any Skybet Ryder Cup golf market.

Spoiler

- There will be no ties, a countback system will be in use. For example, for the overall title if two or more players are tied then whoever scored more points in wk46 wins and so on.

- In the unlikely event that I am in one of the prize winning postions, then the prize will go to the next highest point scorer.

I think that's pretty much it. Just down to you guys picking your teams. Hopefully get a decent number. I'll add all this to the original post and repost it all again in a couple of weeks.

26 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Got my wedges today got the tiger wedges in 56 60 and 50 in the MG2 so bag all good to go for my game at kilspindie on Thursday

One of my favourite courses that.

Enjoy.

Enjoyed my game down kilspindie.... wind was horrible but golf was decent the new wedges are unbelievable! The check and spin you get from them are something else

Delighted to eagle 2 on the 18th but was only a 260 tee shot, think I ended up 5/6 over, lovely course and easy in still conditions but today it was a test

Do you think it's overpriced?   

For me it used to be a gem but they've ramped up the cost in recent years  from about £30 per round to about £90!  

Craigielaw v Kilspindie is a tough call.   But so is Gullane 2 v Dunbar or Gullane 1 v Luffness or North Berwick west v The renaissance

Only east lothian courses I need to tick off are Archerfield (Fidra, Direton) Muirfield and Castle Park.  

I get on for 15 as my mates a member down there but I would not pay £90 craigielaw I’ve not played yet but it’s flooded still from
Last week!

I’ve only ever played kilspindie, longniddry, Haddington, Carnoustie and the Glenn but I’m booked in for archerfield after the year for the weekend!

I’ve heard Dunbar and North Berwick west are great tracks

21 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

I get on for 15 as my mates a member down there but I would not pay £90 craigielaw I’ve not played yet but it’s flooded still from
Last week!

I’ve only ever played kilspindie, longniddry, Haddington, Carnoustie and the Glenn but I’m booked in for archerfield after the year for the weekend!

I’ve heard Dunbar and North Berwick west are great tracks

How much are the Archerfield courses to play? Do you have to stay there to get on?

How much are the Archerfield courses to play? Do you have to stay there to get on?

We booked like a lodge thing for the Friday Saturday and golf is included! A guy I bowl with is a member at the Renaissance but it’s like a corporate thing and getting tee times is challenging! All I’ve heard about them is they are long courses

51 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

We booked like a lodge thing for the Friday Saturday and golf is included! A guy I bowl with is a member at the Renaissance but it’s like a corporate thing and getting tee times is challenging! All I’ve heard about them is they are long courses

I’m guessing the two nights in the lodge isn’t too cheap?

Joined the Rouken Glen club as part of the David Lloyd membership. First time I’ve been a member, looking forward to getting in as much golf as possible this year. Already have 2 tee times this week. Can’t wait for summer and the ability to get in 9 holes before or after work.