Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just shot 91 in a bounce game. This was with an 8 and two 7s on the card. Why can't I play like this in a medal? :(

Edited by Gaz

Had the second round of the championship qualifying on Saturday and - having made the last 16 last year - sadly missed out. Started with a birdie and parred the four long par 4s but 4 double bogeys, including one at the last, saw me shoot a 79 and miss out by 3 shots overall.

Looks like taking 4 to get out that bunker last week was rather costly!

Thats me up to 9 Chris, we need a game so I can claim a shot off you!

It's our 36 hole championship qualifiers this Saturday. The course is a mess, some of the greens have just died in this weather as we have no way of watering them :(

Fancy a game somewhere a week on Friday? I'm off so can play early morning to avoid the sun!

Yip i should be still home,fancy giving drumoig a go,can get on before 9 am for £15 and its a cracking course

Booked for 0852 with a buggy 8)

95 net 67 tonight in the medal. Should get cut and win a wee bit money too with a 2 at the 16th :)

That was with a 9 at the first as well!

So folks-

Links vs Parkland?

Got to say that I prefer hitting off of parkland grass but find the courses quite boring and repetitive..... it's just grass with trees- I walk the dog in similar parks!

I prefer parkland since it is what I am used to but do enjoy playing links. In fact the Old Moray course at Lossiemouth is easily the best course I have played. Really like Aberdour which is classed as parkland but is at least next to the water.

F*cking bandit.

Well done ;)

Cheers! I've been threatening to get cut for a while now (buffer zone last three medals) but it's always been two or three bad holes that have cost me. Played really well tonight apart from that first hole, coming in on 43 (with a 7 at the 18th too).

If I've calculated it correctly I'll get cut 1.2 strokes. Adjusted net score of 95, less (usual) CSS of 70, less handicap of 28 takes me to -3. So I should go down from 27.5 to 26.3. Not much but it's my first ever cut so I'm really happy about it :)

I'm not really looking to get a handicap to play in medals or anything, just play for fun really. I'm regularly shooting 89/90 round my local course of Par 69 so feeling fairly happy with myself considering I hadn't broken 100 til this summer when I started playing a bit more regularly.

I'm playing Rockliffe Hall next weekend in the north east of England. One of the longest in Europe I'm led to believe, there was talk about wanting to try and get a Ryder Cup in the future once the course is more established since its fairly new. Really looking forward to it.

Just played a round at Drumoig. I played a blinder and shot 81. Doulikefish didn't fair as good!

:blink: amazing round there - well done!

Got a career best round at Anstruther recently - shot 71 off the yellows, it's a par 62. Went round all holes on the front 9 with a score of 4 or better, and parred the 14th, 15th and 16th on the back 9. Delighted with that.

Had a disastrous round at the North Inch today. Just couldn't get going.

However, despite being four shots adrift of my playing partner as I got on the 18th tee - a 500 yard par 5 - I still managed to win.

I finally actually started hitting half decent, getting down in 6 (should have parred it, poor first putt!), while the guy I was playing with, who'd barely put a shot wrong in the previous four or five holes - took 11, meaning I won by one!

Just hit an 89 last night, first time I've gotten into the 80's, don't have a handicap or owt just play for fun with some pals and last night was most pleasing!

My new Callaway driver is certainly making a difference!