Darts...

Sideshow

As said a few pages back, the standard of darts, even in prelims has improved massively in the last few years. 

There are now literally dozens of guys in the PDC who could walk into the BDO and be top dog. Look at guys like Bunting, Winstanley and Kist who have been lost in the mix coming back the way.  

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

As said a few pages back, the standard of darts, even in prelims has improved massively in the last few years. 

There are now literally dozens of guys in the PDC who could walk into the BDO and be top dog. Look at guys like Bunting, Winstanley and Kist who have been lost in the mix coming back the way.  

Aye we get it you think the BDO is shite which for a large part is true but here is a wee shocking fact for you 

MVG, Anderson, Gurney, Suljovic, Whitlock, Chisnal, Van De Pas, White, RVB, Norris, Klaasen and Bunting. 

So 12 of the top 20 in the PDC before the worlds have infact moved from the BDO in the last 10 years. So given time it shows they can improve and it can be done. 

1 hour ago, diamond_for_life said:

Aye we get it you think the BDO is shite which for a large part is true but here is a wee shocking fact for you 

MVG, Anderson, Gurney, Suljovic, Whitlock, Chisnal, Van De Pas, White, RVB, Norris, Klaasen and Bunting. 

So 12 of the top 20 in the PDC before the worlds have infact moved from the BDO in the last 10 years. So given time it shows they can improve and it can be done. 

Congratulations on completely missing the point. 

What I was saying is that there are guys in the PDC who may never even win a tour event but are raising the standard to such a high level in the last 2 or 3 years that they'd walk across to the BDO and be right up there. If you're throwing a sub 97 average these days, you're not going to win too many in the big tournaments. 

None of your stat shocks me. I know exactly who came from the BDO. 

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Congratulations on completely missing the point. 

What I was saying is that there are guys in the PDC who may never even win a tour event but are raising the standard to such a high level in the last 2 or 3 years that they'd walk across to the BDO and be right up there. If you're throwing a sub 97 average these days, you're not going to win too many in the big tournaments. 

None of your stat shocks me. I know exactly who came from the BDO. 

:lol: bah humbug

Im not trying to get into a tit for tat but the preliminary averages this year have been by the larger part shite. 

Asada - 86 and won

Dolan - 92 and won (hardly a prelim standard player) 

Jeff Smith - 95 and won (BDO finalist 2016) 

Jamie Lewis - 93 and won (PDC ranked 43)

Cody Harris - 84 and won

Paul Lim - 86 and won

Kevin Munch - 84 and won

So the only players to hit 90 or above are the PDC tour car holders in the top 50 and 2016’s BDO runner up. 

BDO worlds last year 

Final averages 95 and 94

Semi Final averages 96, 96, 95 and 94

Waites lost in the Quarter final with a 94 average. 

A lot of it is opinions too mate and I wasn’t trying to sound like an arse earlier but to me the PDC has a myth about the prelims being great. They are average at best. The BDO outside the top what 8 are usually shite but in the PDC if you watch the Euro Tours and Players Championship events. Outside meeting a handful of players a solid 95 average can (not always) get you far in tournaments

4 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

:lol: bah humbug

Im not trying to get into a tit for tat but the preliminary averages this year have been by the larger part shite. 

Asada - 86 and won - Then averaged 92 but lost

Dolan - 92 and won (hardly a prelim standard player) - Then averaged 94.83 in the first round but lost

Jeff Smith - 95 and won (BDO finalist 2016) - The BDO 2016 finalist then went on to average 78 losing to Anderson

Jamie Lewis - 93 and won (PDC ranked 43) - Then averaged 99 in the first round (PDC ranked 43)

Cody Harris - 84 and won - Similar performance in the first round

Paul Lim - 86 and won - Then averaged 96 in the first round

Kevin Munch - 84 and won - Then 93.48 in the first round, knocking out a 2-time world champ

So the only players to hit 90 or above are the PDC tour car holders in the top 50 and 2016’s BDO runner up. 

BDO worlds last year 

Final averages 95 and 94

Semi Final averages 96, 96, 95 and 94

Waites lost in the Quarter final with a 94 average. 

A lot of it is opinions too mate and I wasn’t trying to sound like an arse earlier but to me the PDC has a myth about the prelims being great. They are average at best. The BDO outside the top what 8 are usually shite but in the PDC if you watch the Euro Tours and Players Championship events. Outside meeting a handful of players a solid 95 average can (not always) get you far in tournaments

See above the averages of those prelim players later in the night in the first round. By and large they improved their averages,

Among those prelim players, their average average is 91 

Last year's BDO 1st round average avergae was 85.12. The PDC prelim players' 1st round average averages are actually slightly higher than the BDO's quarter finalists' average average.

Also, taking stats out of it. When 3 of the 7 prelim round winners then go on to win the 1st round matches, knocking out Adrian Lewis & Mark Webster in the process you can't deny that the standard is improving massively.

The only stuff that is 'larger part shite' are your posts on this.