Darts...

Sideshow

That's Dennis Smith you're thinking of, surely? :P

Dennis Smith is hella ugly though. You can't look away because of it. Like a car crash.

His form on the telly has picked up big time over the last 12-18 months, hopefully he can have a good crack at the Worlds.

He always comes out of the traps well, but is it just me that feels that he seems to get worse as a tournament progresses ?

Dennis Priestley, Alex Roy, Peter Manley, Wes Newton, Steve Beaton and Adrian Lewis will all have my support at the Ally Pally as well.

Priestley will surely be packing it in soon, so it'd be amazing if he had a good Worlds. I'm not overly fussed about Newton or Beaton, but Manley. I can't believe I didn't mention him.

Ive only been into darts for about a year,so do the top 32 in the order of merit get into the world championship finals automatically.Is there not some sort of prelimanry rounds that are not on tv.

I've posted the qualifiers in this thread. The top 32 go in and a further 16 from the Players' Championship OOM go through too and assorted players from around the globe after that. The prelim round MIGHT be on the TV, but after the debacle of the first match last year, they might decide against that.

I've posted the qualifiers in this thread. The top 32 go in and a further 16 from the Players' Championship OOM go through too and assorted players from around the globe after that. The prelim round MIGHT be on the TV, but after the debacle of the first match last year, they might decide against that.

Alryt Cheers 8) .

Heard jocky wilson has recorded a message for saturday.Cant wait.Should be some good darts played on the night and interested to see how the power preforms with the crowd on his back :guntoting

All prelim matches will be live on the telly. They'll be the first match up in each session with the winner of each prelim playing their 1st round match at the end of that same session.

Robert Thornton's just done an interview on Radio Scotland. I think it's fair to say that he didn't give much away, though that was probably down to John Beattie's horribly patronising line of questioning.

To be fair Robert Thornton is'nt exactly a media friendly interviewee, he has a dour monotone attitude about him, which is'nt such a bad thing, compared to the likes of "look at me Mardle"

Anyway, c'mon the Scots 8)

To be fair Robert Thornton is'nt exactly a media friendly interviewee, he has a dour monotone attitude about him, which is'nt such a bad thing, compared to the likes of "look at me Mardle"

Anyway, c'mon the Scots 8)

Indeed - not long in from the game against Dumbarton so have just about regained the feeling in my toes. Just in time to enjoy a night of tungsten tension! :P

Anderson quick off the mark as he gives Scotland a 2-0 lead in the first match of the evening against Wade.

EDIT: Make that 4-0. Wade is completely off his game tonight and Anderson is happily taking advantage.

Edited by The Naitch