Darts...

Sideshow

I don't give a f**k what I get onto so long as I get onto a finish! Given how well I finish, I'm pretty confident on most, outside of the bottom doubles. Well, 17s excluded.

I don't even go for 14 if I'm on it anymore. I just split it. Aim for the 6 and 10 and then just take what's left.

Struggling to think of many matches I have enjoyed more over the last few weeks than Phillips vs Robson there. Fabulous entertainment. Hop Phillips can do Adams in the semis now!

Edited by tigerton

There's no reason why women shouldn't be able to compete with men at darts, so there's no excuse for the standard of women's darts being so shite.

I have often felt this to be the case. Similarly with snooker. The only real hurdle is the stereotype that these games are 'mens' sports so women are less likely to adopt them at a young age and also practice as regularly. It's staggering how poor the 2nd and 4th seed were at the womens Lakeside.

Looking at the averages in the bdo is really bad standard. No-one has hit 95 average and most are in the 80's average. One 2nd round had a game with best average of 76. No doubt BDO will go on about average of 100 but that doesn't count doubles though. I wonder if the end is near for the BDO. Can't really watch these matches as so poor compared to PDC.

Even Wolfie average of 92 is just shite that many PDC players would beat. I can't really watch the BDO these days as standard is really poor.

Edited by Milners

I've backed Bullet/Thompson double tonight seems decent value in 4/6 Bullet and evs for Thompson.

Winstanley's finishing is putrid surely Bunting will have too much?

Dekker beat Kellett but still didn't impress much whilst Thompson played some decent darts when required to beat Norris. I would have had Thompson favourite for that match to be honest.

As long as the BDO continues to produce the majority of the players that make the PDC, and lets face it, if they're drying up there, they're drying up everywhere, then it'll never be "the end" for the BDO.